Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was bored so i pulled all my toys out.. this will be going in the tib soon.... man i cant wait... lolz

here are the goodies!

And just got in the mail the other day

Now I'm just waiting (for cash) on a flywheel, motor mounts, Gaskets, remapped ECU. If you didn't know yet this will be my winter project. Not shown the big bore throttle body 65mm and an 03 intake manifold for porting and polishing.

P.S. PLZ Dont hate... I know im going to get flamed for that one... lolz

·
Registered
898 Posts
I see you got a magnaflow muffler. Great for turbo exhausts, since they can get extremely loud. Also see that you have a IC spray kit. Nice, that should lower charge air temps. by a good amount. Looks like you have a good setup in the works here. Good luck with it.

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
sweet! glad i could help you out w/ DEI. remember, that discount is good as long as i am around now on any size order. so.... header wrap... turbo heat shields....intake pipe wrap... lots of heat protecting items to be had. i hope you enjoy it!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Nice set up, what turbo you using? I like ur downpipe. Where do you get them?

I have a brand new set of GK Tigerlily forged pistons for sale too @ $580 (for NT.com members only). They are light and strong.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see you got a magnaflow muffler. Great for turbo exhausts, since they can get extremely loud. Also see that you have a IC spray kit. Nice, that should lower charge air temps. by a good amount. Looks like you have a good setup in the works here. Good luck with it.
I hope the mufflers arent too loud.. might have to put in a high flow cat.. dont want to get in too much trouble...

sweet! glad i could help you out w/ DEI. remember, that discount is good as long as i am around now on any size order. so.... header wrap... turbo heat shields....intake pipe wrap... lots of heat protecting items to be had. i hope you enjoy it!
Not sure if i am going to wrap the manifold, i dont really know if the wields on it are strong enough. i will be getting a heat shield in the near future from you! Thanks again for the help, im going to love this setup.

Nice set up, what turbo you using? I like ur downpipe. Where do you get them?
The pistons i got from adeihl he had em coated and balanced... and they are the tigerlily ones.. and the downpipe i think is from when speed-factor was making turbo kits, also from what i know the manifold is also speed-factors

·
Registered
198 Posts
muffler wont be loud, i have the alpine setup with 2.5" single outlet with only high flow cat and turbo style muffler.

sounds like stock almost.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i get paid this week so.. what is next on the list to buy?? help me out

have about 400 to spend till next paycheck so here is whats left

190lbh fuel pump $89
Motor mounts $180 (kspec ones)
Fidanza Flywheel $360
Full engine gasket kit around $250
Silicone fittings and all SS lines $250

And the last thing on the list is the remapped ECU $450

tell me what you think i should get next!

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
Man, that's a lot of money in parts.

I'm very, very envious.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
my point is for this power you 're going, you don't need anything more, if you don't have the clutch. you may want the lightweight pullies set and the UD , ignition wires. or if you're going with big boost, check out the meth kits

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Niiiiiiiice !

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Very nice!!! I'm liking the look of everything you have so far!!! That Clutchnet clutch looks great, I especially like how the hub springs are almost totally encompassed, to prevent them from falling out.. (which happened to 2 of my clutches...grrrrr)

Best of luck with the setup and tuning!

-BRR

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
thanks man.. just an update ordered the engine gasket set today should be here on thurs. And i ordered stainless steel fuel feed line and fittings, all to work with the DEI fuel bar! Thanks BMS231! Man this is going to look sweet. Now on the list

Flywheel
Motor mounts
Remaped ECU
Fuel pump..
And Boostology's New IM LOL!

Should have all my parts by x-mas.. to start the new year with "the build". oohh yea...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts