Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your whole car / any part of your car was carbon fiber... and say someone opened the door, ran into you, you backed into... whatever it may be...

Can you get the cf fixed? how hard would this be? What circumstances would prevent you from doing so? blah blah... you know what im asking

newbies and post whores that dont know... DONT POST! :3_winkthu

:3_koning:

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
This isnt 100% sure but I would want to say no. My reasoning behind it is that the Carbon Fiber would most likely crack and I can't see anything that would be able to fix such that.

·
Pete: The Man
4,366 Posts
It actually depends on the extent of the damage, I have had CF messed up, and had it fixed because the resin was the only think messed up. I have also had CF messed up, to the extent where it could be fixed, but had to be painted over. If the weave is completely messed up, you may have issues...especially if you are trying to maintain the CF appearance.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It actually depends on the extent of the damage, I have had CF messed up, and had it fixed because the resin was the only think messed up. I have also had CF messed up, to the extent where it could be fixed, but had to be painted over. If the weave is completely messed up, you may have issues...especially if you are trying to maintain the CF appearance.
messed up cf? could you elaborate a little more on this?

·
Pete: The Man
4,366 Posts
messed up cf? could you elaborate a little more on this?

Example 1: I dropped one of my CF bases to my GT wing......It cracked and looks like total crap. I took it in, and had my shop fix the crack. It came back looking as good as new.

Example 2: Someone ripped my mirror off my car, and slammed it on the ground in front on the concrete. It was busted all up, had chunks of the resin missing, and the CF warped. Took it in, and they were able to fix it, and fill the areas in with clear that were missing resin. But then, they had to paint the top have because it had a "cloudy" look to areas.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks R2P...
I remember u posting about the bar and your mirror... that def. sucks..

fills in some of those Q's that have been buzzn around in my head

1 - 7 of 7 Posts