Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this thread should be here, I figured yes cause it is an appearance so yeah lol. Not sure if you can, maybe someone here would know. I don't mean the braking surface cause that would just be stupid, but I mean the hub area and maybe along the outer edge of the rotor? I don't fully know the proceedure for powdercoating so thats why I'm asking cause when I get my slotted rotors I'd like to have this done to stop the rust buildup that the hub area gets. Thanks.

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
no. the brakes get too hot for powdercoat to stay on there. what will happen is the powder coat will get gooey once you start to brake hard and then suck up all the brake dust and little rocks and look like crap.

what u want to do, is go buy some G2 caliper paint and paint your hubs and the outer ring. that will be fine and look decent. the silver is what i have on my calipers and what i want to paint the hubs on my next set of rotors with.

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
06orangecrush said:
you can powdercoat anything that is metal.

faaaaaaaaaaaaalse. that is all.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have the hub of my rotors powedercoated black and I have had no peels or cracks, nothing. Still look the same way they did when it was first done. I say go for it.

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
You can pc the rotors, but its not practical. Rattle can high temp is more practical, or a nice zinc plating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts