Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

every morning when i start my car it doesnt turn on right away, I would start and then it wouldnt start. then i would have to wait a few mins then try again, finally it starts i wanted to know is it a battery problem or something else.?

thankyou

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
try cleaning off your battery terminals

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
If it's just in the morning, it is probably that your battery isn't holding a charge as well. How old is the battery?

If you take it to a parts store and get your battery tested (I think Canadian Tire does it too). They'll be able to tell you the condition of it.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
What is it doing? Does it not start at all or does it start and die? Does it crank and not start or nothing at all?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
i dont think its his battery charge issues... if it has enough charge to turn it over eventually it has enough charge to turn it over the first time... I know my car is really hesistant some mornings to start when its cold )like in the 30's) so obviously its colder up there. I started sticking the key in and turning it to the "ON" position but not cranking and leaving it there for like 10 seconds (put on my set belt and such) and then i crank and it cranks much better

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
Ya, it seems weird that it starts on the 2nd or 3rd try... but testing the battery would be the obvious place to start. Once that's out of the way, then you move down the circuit towards the starter itself.

Anyways, Razzle you need to provide a bit more detail.

You get in the car in the morning, and turn the key the first time... what happens? Nothing? It cranks but won't fire? It cranks briefly then won't crank again for a few minutes?

Bit more detail will help us help you.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
it can be, the battery itself should "wake", some people advice to blink couple times with hi beam before starting the car on old batteries... but that is sure not normal, the contacts could be rusted..

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
I had a similar problem last winter. I would turn the ignition and the engine wouldn't even turn over. It was an intermittent problem. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the starter under warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts