Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m not sure what to look at next. I’m throwing bank one and two lean codes. It’s not the maf sensor. I don’t believe I’m having a fuel issue but I may get the pressure checked. Can someone give me tips on using a multimeter to check the maf plug. I spliced into my maf signal wires for my mafterburner and had my ecu out recently and I’m wondering if one of the connections is messed up.

·
Registered
477 Posts
well, because its showing up on both banks, its only going to be just a couple areas... mainly vacuum leaks between the plenum chamber and the MAF, or something like the maf itself.

using a multimeter on the maf wont get you the correct results. You actually need to be looking at grams per second on a scan tool. If you have a scan tool or have access to live data that can read that value, I can tell you if its bad or not.

Find a road with no stops or traffic for a mile or two. Warm the car to normal op temp, then do a WOT pull in 3rd gear, and pause your data screen as close to 4000 rpm as possible. The closer, the better. Then tell me what your grams per/s value is. It helps to do this with an assistant in the car to pause the data while you drive, or vise versa.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts