Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Tiburon Gt V6 6 speed
Recently I obviously broke something as I was shifting from 1st to 2nd really hard then I put it in Neutral right away, after that the car will start but it won’t go into any gear, clutch seems fine but the shifter feels “disconnected” from the transmission I couldn’t put it into any gear as it felt loose moving freely left to right, forward and back, I heard no clicking indicating a gear change, I checked the two lines that connect the shifter with the transmission and they feel and look fine what can be the problem?

·
Registered
260 Posts
maybe the cables broke from the shifter side?
take off the shifter cover and look at the 2 cables there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response, I checked both shifter cables and they’re both solid no issues there, what I did find out was that the Shifter linkage/arm that sits above the transmission connected to the two cables seems like it’s broken because it doesn’t put the car in any gear but I can’t seem to find a diy to fix it or replace it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the little white plastic peace?
No it’s in the engine bay, above the transmission under the air filter and next to the tranny mount, it’s a metal piece that slides back and forth, and in and out to change gears, connects to the two shifter cables.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe part 43880 is what broke, if that helps thank you, anyone know how to replace it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts