Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive searched all over and still couldnt find anything. Basically yesterday i went to start the car and nothing happened, the starter clicked and the volts dropped all the way to zero. I tried having the car jumped but that didnt help either so i eventually had to push start it. ive checked all my grounds but will recheck soon. we tried to jump it again today, we unhooked my hids and it started but very weak. i got the car home, turned it off and then tried again but it wouldnt start. the battery volts read about 13.5 from my volt meter so its not the battery. i need some help ppl:3_confuse

·
Registered
782 Posts
could it be the clutch switch???
No way that can be it. Mike said the starter clicked, therefore his foot was all the way down the pedal. If it was the switch, no voltage would be supplied to the starter at all. More likely this looks like a dead solenoid.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had a car (not a tiburon) do this, it was the clutch switch. Try that first, even if it's not the problem you've only dropped $20.

·
Worst Overall NT Member of 2010
6,782 Posts
fuel pump?

·
Registered
690 Posts
fuel pump? WTF??

Gee, well what about the rear paassenger side lug nuts?? Or the sun visor??

If the solenoid clicks, it is starter related. Solenoid is not moving the drive pinion...the solenoid could be bad...but...why go through all the bother of taking it off and just replace the solenoid, the brushes on the starter are likely worn as well. Save the headache..have your starter rebuilt, or replace it with a rebuilt one.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Make sure both cables to the battery are clean and tight. Next, check the cable running to the starter and that its clean and tight. 3rd check the level of acid in the battery (unless maint. free) Sounds like somethings corroded or maybe starter is drawing too many amps. Alot of times its simple maintenence things that get ya. And if youre feeling frisky, pull the starter and take it to the auto parts store and have them check to make sure its not drawing too many amps Good luck!

·
6,782 Posts
same thing happend on a sunfire that i fixed. it was a fuel pump

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Idk, the starter clicks so doesn't that mean it's okay.

Maybe the solenoid?
Change the solenoid!

sorry, had to.

anyways, it might be the starter really, theres probably just an open circuit somewhere thats not letting the starter complete its circuit.
99.99999999999999999999999999999999999% sure it's the solenoid. if it's busted you will hear a clicking noise. if the battery were dead you wouldn't hear anything. If the fuel pump were shot, the car would still try to turn over unless the computer stops it though i haven't heard of that). If the clutch were not pushed in all the way you wouldn't hear anything at all.

So it looks to me like a busted Solenoid.

·
Banned
60 Posts
same thing happend on a sunfire that i fixed. it was a fuel pump
6k posts on a car forum and you're serious with that answer? Wow.

Check your starter ground. It's on the inside of the driver side fender under the battery.
If not, it's probably the solenoid, but check all of your fuses.

·
6,782 Posts
i would venture to say its a bad connection though.

i know nothing about cars though. im new to the modding scene

·
Banned
60 Posts
i would venture to say its a bad connection though.

i know nothing about cars though. im new to the modding scene
It's okay dude, I realize very few people here actually talk about their cars.

·
6,782 Posts
It's okay dude, I realize very few people here actually talk about their cars.
for some reason my car wont start, but my wipers are on, and my left rear speaker is speaking spanish...

any ideas?

·
Banned
60 Posts
You probably need more blinker fluid.

Here you go,

If its not that, replace your muffler bearings,

1 - 20 of 26 Posts