Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had my radio on when i was workn on my car the other day and i went to start it up and the battery was dead...i have two 15" subs and it seems like they suck alot of the power outa the car...should i just get a bigger battery or a new alternator?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Well the question is how long did you have the radio on? For the most part depending on how long you had the radio on that might take up the juice. I've ran my radio for a while before and had no problems. Jump it or pop the clutch and let it recharge!!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had 2 jump it and now its been a couple days and its fine now....should i just get a new battery or alternator so it doesnt happen again

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I just wouldn't play the radio while the car is off! lol seriously... thats all. you dont need a bigger alternator because the one you have is working just fine. You don't need a bigger battery, because the battery is only for when the car is off...

don't need to spend money on parts that are unnecessary. Just be reasonable with your car and all will be good... oh wait, you have a Tib... like me! lol

·
Registered
330 Posts
I just wouldn't play the radio while the car is off! lol seriously... thats all. you dont need a bigger alternator because the one you have is working just fine. You don't need a bigger battery, because the battery is only for when the car is off...

don't need to spend money on parts that are unnecessary. Just be reasonable with your car and all will be good... oh wait, you have a Tib... like me! lol
well said!!!!!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
You should probably get a Optima Yellow Top Battery. You'll be able to crank your toons longer!

·
Registered
282 Posts
the only other thing you can do is put a extra battier to run the stereo equip not a bigger one. the wiring maybe a little complex for this but best option is buy a stand alone music device that doesnt hook to the car. ie ipod or zune!!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya but i also noticed if i have my headlights on and when the bass from my subs go off the lights dim a little...is tht alright?

·
Registered
282 Posts
not really a copasitor will help that but going to really hurt anything what is happening is you amp is sucking so much power the alt cant keep up and starts to drain the battery.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
i have two 15" subs and it seems like they suck alot of the power outa the car..
Uahh Yeah... I left my AM radio on for a couple hours once with the stock stereo and had the same results. Optima Yellow and turn down the bass if the car isn't on.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so will it eventually damaged the battery so much tht it wont work

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Yea if you keep your radio on multiple times it will eventually run down the battery.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i mean when its running will it still damage the battery because the amp is sucking so much juice

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
If you are driving down the road and your lights are dimming then I would say yes. I'm not sure how much abuse a regular battery can take with a system.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
when i bought the car the system was already in there so idk how long its been draining the battery for

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just go to your local radio store and get a compacitor for you subs. It will prevent your car from draining yoru abttery because of your subs. In addition, don't use your subs unless your car is running.!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts