Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
lol just go find yourself a spraypaint at a store thats close..

i seriously doubt your gonna find a carbon blue spray paint that doesnt cost you a ton of money.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I think color matched spray paint is only at most 20$......I think that is a small price to pay for exactly matching your exterior.

·
Registered
366 Posts
That looks pretty good.

I would want to do something like this to my Tib.. How did you go about painting everything? Take the panels off and go at it?

·
Registered
230 Posts
that looks awesome man i was gunna gloss black mine but may consider this now

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
most everything in the interior i painted pops out and some you need a screwdriver so i painted most of it and i still wanted to get my square ac vents painted too and found that the only way to get those out is removing the whole dash. I just went to the DIY section for interior and found one that said Complete Dash Removal. The guy did an awesome diy of it with alot of pics. But just to let you know do not sand it cause it will come out ******. Just primer, paint and clear coat. You need a clear coat on it though or if you nick it with something it will easily scratch. I got my paint from walmart. Its called Fusion. Its just for plastic so it worked out.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Heres the diy of the dash removal

and if you need help getting any other parts out let me know cause i experimented alot with my entire interior.
Heres some more pics.

Then i made my own stencil by just printing out a paper with Tuscani on it and taking a razor to it and taping it to the dash

And added the steering wheel cover that matches to finish it off

I did it red before cause i wanted to do a cool red decal on the exterior but heard decals suck when they start peeling so im gonna keep my exterior the same color so thats why i went blue. Here's when it was red. I didnt do the dash removal on this so thats why the square ac vents arent done.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I knew how to get the ac vent rings in the middle off. i just couldnt get the square ones by the doors out. the one by the passanger side air bag looks easy cause its empty on that side but the one one the driver side is by all the wiring and stuff so i didnt wanna mess with all the wiring.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
wow... man... to much paint!! paint all that back to black. You didnt feel bad throwing paint on the dash itself??

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i actually hate how i did the dash. When i went to paint the tuscani on the dash i guess i didnt tape it off well enough so when i took all the tape off the dash there were lines of primer and blue on the top of the dash and i tried getting it off but it wouldn't so i just primered the entire dash and repainted it black. I hate how its kinda glossy now compared to the stock flat but maybe later ill just get a new dash.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dude i just painted all the same pieces the same color in my car, actually i am just finishing the back panels as i am writing this.I love the blue and black, the only thing i did not paint was the square air vents by the doors, i could not get to the driver side one,any hints?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts