Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo, I just rear ended a guy (sorry, no pics, didn't ahve a camera, and now it's at the shop) and I'm going to need a new hood. I was thinking this is a good opportuinty to get a CF hood, but seeing as how I was just in a frontal collision, I am worried about the safety.

The factory hood has little hooks that grab onto the frame in the rear of the hood, which, in case of a colision, keep the hood from sliding backward and cutting off the occupants' heads. Instead, the hood just bends up in the middle (as mine did in this wreck).

Do good CF hoods like VIS and Seibon have these hooks? If so, would the hood bend in the iddle or just snap? If they do not have the hooks, what would happen to CF hood in a frontal collision?

Any help is appreciated

Cheers,

Sand

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
i am not sure of the "hooks" you speak of, but, if you want to be safe w/ a c/f hood you will get hood pins. that is just about the only thing you can do to ensure it doesnt become one big knife headed towards your head.

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
The hooks at the back of the hood are on the hinge, and they will still be there, because the CF hood is attached to the stock hinge

In an accident the CF hood won't bend, but it will shatter on impact. Nothing will go through the windshield since it is glazed anyway.

·
Premium Member
5,501 Posts
Since NT.com started back in 2002, there hasn't been a single report of any damage or injury caused by a CF hood being on someone's car.

I've got all Seibon and VIS carbon fiber hoods in stock. If you're considering a fiberglass hood, I've got the Zefiro, MS, and GT Tech models in stock as well.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
yeah CF will just shatter it wont fly thru the windshield and cut ur head off.
hood pins will hold it in place and secure it alot better

1 - 5 of 5 Posts