Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Carbon fiber roof overlay& mirror covers

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  slick91 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello guys :)

I was just thinking about this, it can be done but first I need to know weather there is some interest at all. I'm talking about real carbon fiber roof overlay, not some cheap vinyl wrap.
This model would only fit roofs with no sunroof-window because my car would serve as model and finding a tib with sunroof here would be very difficult.

Also any interest for real carbon fiber side mirror covers? Again two models as 03-04 and 05-08 mirrors are different. I don't know weather both or only one would be made.

Well lets see what do you guys think.

I don't know what price would be, but first I have to see if there is enough interest.

#2 ·
But I love my sunroof =/
I'd be interested pending weight reduction/stability/price

#4 ·
sometimes I get excited and don't read everything. Sorry about that

#7 ·
For the roof skin, there were tons of interests on the original GI for it:

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191197&highlight=carbon+fiber+roof+skin

After going through everything, I found that it would be easier, more cost effective and better looking to have it wrapped on an individual basis. The CF would need to wrap underneath the front window molding and a little into the channel where the roof meets the hatch. Anyway, I just thought I'd give you my 2 cents.

#8 ·
I would be interested if you're able to make them compatible for sun roof models. I read the OP about it but I am just throwing that out there.

#12 · (Edited)
Roof overlay with hole for sunroof is out of the question since I can't get tib with sunroof here.

Ok some interest in mirror covers. Anybody else? Come on people show me some interest and maby some special parts can be done.

I ve just been on the phone with the guy wo can make it happen and here are the numbers.

Price for the roof overlay would be around 550$, mold costs 645$ and minimal number of orders is 6. Price does not include shipping! This is model with no sunroof.

Price of side mirror covers would be around 260$ a set, two molds needed also costing 260$ each. Minimal order number is 6. Price does not include shipping

All in all mirror covers are way more expensive to made than roof overlay since two molds are needed plus doner mirrors. And when there are two models 03-04 and 05-08 it would be even more expensive.

Well any takers?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.