Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I will begin this by stating that I have not actually purchased anything from CARiD before however, given my recent experience I most certainly wont be any time soon, especially for anything substantial.
Let me explain:

I've run into a bump in the road in my clutch install. Now that the Tiburon is off the road for the season we began the process of installing the fx300 I bought of the forums a couple months ago (never been used). However we noticed that the splines on the transmission side of the friction disc are bent ever so slightly but enough where the drive shaft from the transmission will not mate. additionally the friction plate itself is bent convexly away from the transmission itself. Flywheel is in perfect condition. Have been in contact with the seller and have a refund in the process (will be writing a very positive review in the future). However, needless to say I am no clutchless as the OEM is thrashed and not worth putting back in. So naturally I went to the interwebs to find a new FX300 and figured I'd look into CARiD given they are a sponsor here and tend to have good pricing.

on their website the clutch lists for $562.50USD which put through conversion to CAD is $687.46 and that the product is in stock (ready to ship in 24hrs.). Just to double check we called CARiD to confirm and were met with some disconcerting news. Not only do they not have the product in stock, but it would take them "2 weeks" (who knows how reliable of an estimate that is) to get it. Additionally I was informed that it would actually cost $775.09 CAD ($634.19) + shipping + tax. When asked about the $71.69 USD difference they said it was a typo and the actual cost was the $775.09CAD (or $634.19 USD) and that is what I would be paying..........
I'm sorry but in online world marketplace that is unacceptable to have that much misinformation on a site. I thankfully can only wonder what would have happened had I actually proceeded to order this paid the quoted amount online, just to be charged more later for a product they don't actually have, but say they do? All of this reeks of shear sneak and shade. You would think that they would at least honor their online misinformation like any other retail store would.

Needless to say the lack of professionalism that this displayed is in my mind unacceptable for a retailer that models their business of offering reasonable prices. Due to this not only would I never trust the information listed on their website for buying anything significant, but i most likely won't even consider them a viable option in the future. Really disappointed from this kind of experience from a sponsor of this forum.

·
Super Moderator
4,551 Posts
It's good you avoided going through the purchase. I can relate on a somewhat similar experience 7 years ago, from Custom Enterprise LLC. Granted they were not a sponsor, but I made an order for a flywheel replacement friction plate (for Fidanza). I paid for the part, taxes & shipping. After a few weeks I wondered why it hadn't arrived yet. At about this time they actually gave me a call but I was unable to answer. They left a voicemail telling me they haven't shipped it yet, and that they need an additional $20 for the order. WHAT!? I was pissed to hear that and demanded a refund. Granted, we are talking about $20 here, but I was 19 at the time, when $20 was still significant to me, but that's beside the point. After you fully paid for everything, you can't then jack up the price and not deliver until said extra charge is paid. I'm pretty sure that's illegal anyway. So what I am saying is, this situation could have easily turned into that for you, I am glad it didn't. I did end up getting refunded, thankfully, and bought it from elsewhere.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Foreign parts used to be shipped at gifts into the usa and often when they hit customs they would have to pay the duties on the parts or they would sit in a warehouse at the us customs and border patrol's expense, but that might have been the markup in both cases. For some reason companies hate admitting they pay duties or import dues on parts. No idea if that is what actually happened to you though. I bought through dealers, tire rack and amazon which have us warehouses lately.

·
Registered
208 Posts
So I will begin this by stating that I have not actually purchased anything from CARiD before however, given my recent experience I most certainly wont be any time soon, especially for anything substantial.
Let me explain:

on their website the clutch lists for $562.50USD which put through conversion to CAD is $687.46 and that the product is in stock (ready to ship in 24hrs.). Just to double check we called CARiD to confirm and were met with some disconcerting news. Not only do they not have the product in stock, but it would take them "2 weeks" (who knows how reliable of an estimate that is) to get it. Additionally I was informed that it would actually cost $775.09 CAD ($634.19) + shipping + tax. When asked about the $71.69 USD difference they said it was a typo and the actual cost was the $775.09CAD (or $634.19 USD) and that is what I would be paying..........
I'm sorry but in online world marketplace that is unacceptable to have that much misinformation on a site. I thankfully can only wonder what would have happened had I actually proceeded to order this paid the quoted amount online, just to be charged more later for a product they don't actually have, but say they do? All of this reeks of shear sneak and shade. You would think that they would at least honor their online misinformation like any other retail store would.

Needless to say the lack of professionalism that this displayed is in my mind unacceptable for a retailer that models their business of offering reasonable prices. Due to this not only would I never trust the information listed on their website for buying anything significant, but i most likely won't even consider them a viable option in the future. Really disappointed from this kind of experience from a sponsor of this forum.
I would leave them a bad review on a number of websites. I get the impression that CarID is responsive to customer concerns and try to make it right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts