Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Carlsile P&S - Hyundai Motor Club 1st again

4K views 25 replies 6 participants last post by  MindHacker 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone.
OK. No playing around this year. Last year we took a hit on attendance because I waited until January to plan this event. This year we are going full throttle. Stay tuned. Hyundai Motor Club is taking that number one spot again!

Sign up on the event page and post here. last year we won number one club with 44 cars. This year some special stuff is happening for HMC...and I can't tell!
Lets just say we made an impact at Carlisle last year.

So let's start planning for this year. My goal is to double last year.

EDIT********************************

(as posted in the facebook event page)

Well, for the first time in our very brief history, there is a show of faith in what we can do...
I have loosely bragged about some cool stuff in regards to Carlisle. And all of the effort that me, the staff and our dedicated members have invested, just paid off in a pretty big way for a small time car club...a Hyundai car club.

In my mind. Hyundai Motor Club just took a step into being a legitimate organization.
Thanks to the kindness of Ken Appell, we have been offered an awesome chance to shine.
This year at Carlisle, we have been offered the opportunity to show who we are. I have secured and entire half section of one of the buildings! Our own building essentially to show off 5 or 6 of the top cars that want to get involved! On top of that, we are arranging for a 40 foot tent or two. Hyundai Motor Club, with this offer, has done something that only the big time guys do! Now it isn't the prime buildings. But for year two of our club, this is a huge step to showing our scene that we are here for good.

There are so many plans to be made. I need to visit the site. I need to determine the criteria for who we show off. I need to talk to sponsors. And I need to talk to all of you and see how you guys feel about where we should take this awesome opportunity and focus it on.

This is the year that all of us can truly do what no Hyundai club I know of has done regionally! And in our discussions, the concept of getting 100 cars on site for this show was decided to be a likely and very feasible goal.
Stand by...more to come.

https://www.facebook.com/events/391501484286570/391504297619622/?notif_t=event_mall_comment

See less See more
#2 ·
If you look close, you'll see kemicaldeath, MVN, kunkle77 and damn...I forget topher's NT screen name. Just to name a few

#3 ·
All I have to say is, Ken Appell from Carlisle Events hooked us the F*** up last year. We had a 40 foot tent and all the perks because we kicked ass in attendance. It was poring down rain and everyone with HMC was warm and dry...lol...but we offered to let some GC guys join us. Throw in Wi-Fi access to Xbox live and plenty of chairs to sit and chill while we shared stories and had a friggin blast...you can't beat it. If you want to go big at Carlisle this year, I suggest you pay close attention to the event page. Import Shark is coming, Undercover Tuning...we had Diode as a sponsor, as well as others. We took up almost the entire Hyundai field. If you want to have a good time at P&S this year...I'd give it some thought to join HMC and come with us.

#4 ·
Almost 50 people signed up already and it is NO WHERE near May

#5 ·
well lets hope everyone who signed up actually goes......

we definitely need to make sure everything is a go..........

this site isn't what it used to be, but maybe u should throw a post in the NJ section and get some of those guys out

#6 ·
Well...from my experience, you can count on about 25% drop out based on our other events. But we are over 60 now. So statistically, we already have what we had last year in may. If we spread the word, we are going to crush last year

#7 ·
i wont be able to make it there this year but next year def my car has won best tiburon there a couple times its chrish finchs old tib if anyone knows him?

#8 ·
You are going to miss a good year man. We tried hard last year and pulled it off. This year is going to be epic.

#9 ·
i wana go im not positive im not going yet though if i do can i just contact you guys on here because i dont use facebook to many haters lol

#10 ·
I've registered (and paid the $60 fee) for the last three years but have only been able to attend one event due to last minute family obligations. I will do my best to be there this May, especially since I haven't seen the HMC crew in over a year now.

#11 ·
That's awesome Ryan...now go check my update in about a minute!

#12 ·
***OFFICIAL PUBLIC RELEASE***

The time has come to announce the details for Carlisle Performance and Style!
The details are final after our business and planning meeting. Ken Appell has provided all the information we have been looking forward to discussing. And here is what they have graciously offered our Hyundai club. After only 14 months as a named and recognized club, we have an opportunity to do what I have always envisioned for HMC. We now have the tools and resources... to make this offer count. And now we can use these opportunities to welcome in members and nonmembers as registered HMC guests and share what we put into this for you…all of you. The small guys now have a vehicle in which to utilize the benefits of a larger club and still be a part of our community and family, even if it’s only for a weekend.

Building R – This year we have our own showcase building! I will be asking for exact dimensions. But it has 6 garage doors that all open into one large room. It is easily capable of housing 5 cars. We are debating on the total and who to highlight in these spots. Vendors and possible show cars will have the first 2 or 3 spots. The rest are to be decided.

Immediately out of the single rear bay door will be our 40 foot event tent for all of our members and others as well. It will flow from the room to the tent. We will have a second 40 foot tent in the vicinity. We are considering a third if the price and commitment is right.

This year…some of us need to bring their TV’s and consoles! We will have full wireless internet access and electricity.

Keep an eye on the Carlisle Events website…we’ll be there soon. As well as two pages dedicated to Hyundai Motor Club in the program.

There are a lot of other perks. But that is mostly what you guys need to know for now. It is going to be awesome for our community family to have this kind of setup! We are going to exploit every gift Carlisle has offered. There will be no contest for coolest hang out! And no contest for top club!

What is our commitment to Carlisle? We want 100 cars in that gate Saturday morning. That is the room they have afforded us on the field and that is what we are going to do! But I want more! Talk to all of your friends that own a Hyundai or Kia. Remember, this is not about modified cars! Your car stock or not is what Hyundai Motor Club is! So come as you are and let’s represent what the Hyundai passion that people embrace is all about! Promote it, post the link, share the event which can be found in our Facebook club's event tab. Talk about it and get the word out. This is our year! Let’s make it epic!

#13 ·
Building R – This year we have our own showcase building! I will be asking for exact dimensions. But it has 6 garage doors that all open into one large room. It is easily capable of housing 5 cars. We are debating on the total and who to highlight in these spots. Vendors and possible show cars will have the first 2 or 3 spots. The rest are to be decided.

Immediately out of the single rear bay door will be our 40 foot event tent for all of our members and others as well. It will flow from the room to the tent. We will have a second 40 foot tent in the vicinity. We are considering a third if the price and commitment is right.!
WOW. I'm totally floored. Building space at Carlisle is extremely limited...I can't believe you managed to lockdown a showcase building for HMC, much less two massive event tents nearby. Seriously...great work Mike.

I had already planned on attending, but now....I'll definitely be there. No way I'm missing that. :)

#15 ·
Hey guys just as a heads up...Carlisle is doing a sale on their Events right now till Christmas. 20% off Registration! Make sure you register early! right now East Coast KDM is in the lead followed by Focus Rising and NEPA Street Scene. The staff at Carlisle is really hooking us (HMC) up this year 2 40ft tents, a building for up to 7 2 full pages in their event guide, and many other things and we need to prove that we can deliver greatness! Make sure when you register you put Hyundai Motor Club as your club or your registration wont count for us!
http://store.carlisleevents.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=22

#18 ·
Registered under HMC! 5 months is plenty of time to get boosted again, right?

#24 ·
Yup, HMC non-judged. Still not sure if I'll have the super on or not, but I'll be there.

#26 ·
Quick question: Where should I park? Just roll up to our tent?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.