Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I have posted before about the ARK Dual N2, and was going with that! But the deal I worked out ended up with some problems! So, I am going to be buying my C/B next week, and want to know if the ARK or the DC Sports is the route to go! I can get the ARK for 40 less, but have to wait for the company to get it, and then ship it, where as they have the DC in stock. I believe the DC is also an over axle (which for me is a big plus for me), where the ARK is under. Now to the real question. Is the DC a better exhaust to go with my DC headers, or is the ARK comp. to it! I would think since DC designed the headers, that thier C/B would be the best combo, but ARK's being under axle would have less restrictive flow, or are they close enough in sound and HP gains, that it doesn't really matter! Just trying to get some last minute info. before I buy! Also, I am getting it from ptuning.com, which ever one I buy! We still get the discount, and they are over a $100 cheaper than ARK shipped (but will take a little while to get), and are a little cheaper than I can find for the DC shipped! L8R

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
most all exhaust are gonna have the same gains. its more of a personal preferance on brand. They may sound a little different aswell. I'd flip a coin if i was you hehe.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
i like my DC headers and exhaust but it is loud (not bad loud, alot of ppl like it) sense there is not cat. Gain are very noticeble. Im looking to sell my exhaust cause im trading the tib in so if u want to PM me we can talk and see if i can make u a good deal on it used. Either way, u wont be disapointed aslong as u know it will be loud without a cat.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kind of what I was thinking, and since I am such a brand w#ore, I will most likely get the DC, I already have the Front & Rear STB's, headers, and the AEM intake, might as well add on to the list. So, unless someone has a reason why the ARK would be a better performance choice, I am getting the DC! :3_winkthu

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
05Tib said:
i like my DC headers and exhaust but it is loud (not bad loud, alot of ppl like it) sense there is not cat. Gain are very noticeble. Im looking to sell my exhaust cause im trading the tib in so if u want to PM me we can talk and see if i can make u a good deal on it used. Either way, u wont be disapointed aslong as u know it will be loud without a cat.

Well I have the MagnaFlow Cat already on, so it shouldn't be too bad! I have a custom exhaust, just want to get something that is better, and actually have a better sound, I still get a buzz sound at higher RPMs!

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I have the DC cb behind my hotshot headers, and it kicks @ss. It is under the axle though, which means less ground clearance, but the straight through under the axle design, means less restriction than most over the axle. I have eicbach pors on my tib, and have never scraped the exhaust. The DC has large resonator and has deep gowl to it.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So then there really is no major difference between the ARK and DC, just cost! Well I am going to get the DC, either a used one that has been offered, or new one if it comes to that point! Thanks for the help! L8R

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
yeah i was thinkin the DC is under axle... makes getting on/off rear sway real easy!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is good, still a mod I have left to do, but down on the list, have to put in either new KYB struts with Eibach Pro fronts and 05 factory rears, or coil overs with pillow ball mount in the front. It is only a few hundred more for the KSport Coilovers, so I am debating on just saving somemore scratch and doing it right! :3_winkthu

1 - 9 of 9 Posts