Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
YoMike said:
Where do you think the rice goes?
Ok jokes aside, it cleans the crankcase ventilation air flow which introduces air into the engine thru the manifold by way of vacuum. No Hp gains just a cleaner intake track.
This has been discussed a few times before. I am skeptical because I read somewhere that you need some vacume, and you loose that using a catch can. Is this actually true? Also, will it pass emmisions?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
it will pass emissions and you don't lose vacuum

·
Banned
434 Posts
6behindblueeyez said:
This has been discussed a few times before. I am skeptical because I read somewhere that you need some vacume, and you loose that using a catch can. Is this actually true? Also, will it pass emmisions?

yes for further clarification this has no effect on emmisions. You are just adding a collector in between the PCV valve and the inlet to the intake manifold. The crackcase air still goes to and from where it should and no vacuum is lost as long as everything is correctly sized secured. I have a catch can and every time i look in it i wonder how exactly the car runs will all the crap normally going back into the intake manifold, head and eventually the combustion chamber. I didn't put it on my car till around 50,000-60,000 miles and i know i wont ever have a motor without a catch can on it from day 1 ever again.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
that depends on the engine,it's state and architecture or how to call.. the evo guys almost all have only couple drops at the bottom of the can.i got myself a megan racing square catch can but i still don't give a clue why at bottom it has a fitting like the upper ones.is maybe someone made an error an screwed a fitting instead of a drain plug or what?didn't mean to hijack the thread,but i don't know what to do with it.i can post pics but i think you understand what 's my problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts