Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does the stock exhaust sound with the cats removed? I was just curious cuz i was just thinking of getting mine removed.

I dont know whats going on but the back of my car feels really "wobbly". Like when i change lanes and drive over cats eyes the back end of my car feels like its sliding around. When i say sliding around i mean that i feel like the tyres are staying put but the body is moving from side to side on the suspension, as if i'm its sitting on stilts. Does anyone else have this problem? The dealer says my suspension is fine, i'm just a little worried thats all.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Dunno what to tell you about the cats...it should free up some sound but exactily how it sounds, im not sure.

From what it sounds like is your having body roll. When you change lanes or turn at high speeds your car body will rock back and forth. Same thing happens when you slam on the brakes or slam the gas, the body rocks from front to back. You should notice it on tractor/trailors when they change lanes at high speeds the top of the truck rocks side to side. Most stock suspensions are that way...nothing a good set of lowering springs wont fix though. Let me know if im complietely reading your post wrong though.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess your right, looks like i might need a set of lowering springs. But the weird thing is, that sometimes it wont do it at all !!

I dont know as long as the dealer says its ok, then if anything does happen they'll be responsible.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
it sounds exactly the same as stock... when i bought my car it had no cat and aftermarket mufflers... when i sold the car my friend gave me his old stock exhaust and i only put the rear half back on and it sounded no different then my other friends whos is stock

and as for the car feeling wobbly, my current car (saturn ion) does the same thing pretty badly, ide say its nothing to worry to much about

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
even with my sway bar mine still moves some at highspeeds esp if the wind is blowing

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
it will sound louder..but it wont be any more powerful. id suggest saving ur money and buying a proper afermarket exhaust system.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
it will sound louder..but it wont be any more powerful. id suggest saving ur money and buying a proper afermarket exhaust system.
If hes using the stock mufflers it wont sound any different than stock...
ide know my exhaust was like that when i bought it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts