Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I buy a new Magnaflow Cat for my 2005 I4 2.0L Tibby does it have to be weld on on does it just slide over the existing pipes. I'm confused. I have the ARK N2 Dual Exhaust with Hotshot 4-1 Headers. Please let me know what I should do and what size I need.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Where did you get your headers? Co'z it is really hard find a store/website that sells headers for our car! Now if I don't have an aftermarket headers, would it make any difference if I go stock headers with an aftermarket cat like Magnaflow and ARK N2 (dual exhaust system)? Or just go with stock headers, stock cat and ARK N2???

·
Registered
723 Posts
magnaflow/carsound or catco are all universal fit, you CAN weld it straight to whatever you want, but if you were smart, you would have flanges welded onto to each side of the cat that way it is easily removeable....the size you need is 2.25inches

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
My headers came with a race cat with flanges. My Magnaflow cat didn't have flanges, so I had the muffler shop cut the flanges off the race cat and weld them onto the Magnaflow cat. Because, in truth, I'm never going to use a race cat anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts