Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ,
I just ran into a problem when i was changing my brakes with hawk pads.
I ordered the hps pads for front and rear on my Tuscani. BUt when i came to install the front pads the ones i had were way to short.

I later found out that Candain Tuscani's have larger brakes. Not fun when i have the car all apart. Had to run to the dealership to get the right pads. which was another nightmare due to them not having the right parts and a messed up database.

Take your old pads with you when getting new ones. and make sure the measurement is the same.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Re: Caution on front brake pads for canadains

Hey ,
I just ran into a problem when i was changing my brakes with hawk pads.
I ordered the hps pads for front and rear on my Tuscani. BUt when i came to install the front pads the ones i had were way to short.

I later found out that Candain Tuscani's have larger brakes. Not fun when i have the car all apart. Had to run to the dealership to get the right pads. which was another nightmare due to them not having the right parts and a messed up database.

Take your old pads with you when getting new ones. and make sure the measurement is the same.
I think the 2004 Tuscanis with red front calipers have different size pads. Correct me if I;m wrong :mm4l:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Re: Caution on front brake pads for canadains

yes the 04 might and I can tell you from experience ( bought the pads from Napa took off all the wheels and "hey these pads don't fit") that the yellow 2003 tuscani tibb front pads from napa are also too short unless you get the counter guy to search for the tiburon with the red calipers to match up the right size pads.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya it was pretty annoying to find out when the car was all apart. but ohwell its all fixed now. just have to buy a big brake kit next time

1 - 4 of 4 Posts