Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

You may have already seen my threads on my CEL P0303... Anyway, Changed the plugs, light came back on, changed the wires, now the lights on again. I don't know what to do at this point. I checked it's still the same code. I bought a cheap code scanner just so I can figure this out. The funny thing is the car runs fine, and then the CEL comes on and I can feel it running a little off. Is there anything I can do or should I just face facts and bring it in and have it looked at. BTW would the problem now be covered under my extended warranty? Thanks!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm at about 60 000 Kilometers

·
Rool : Pron Spammer
4,097 Posts
Well, let's see, working backwards along the line - spark plugs (you changed), plug wires (you chaged), coil pack. Maybe you have a failing coil pack. Or, did your car sit for any length of time? A spider could have made a home right where your plug wire inserts into the coil pack. Take a peek and see what's in there. If you can find someone else with an I4, borrow their coil pack, reset the CEL and then see if it comes back on.

Also, what kind of a misfire are you having? Plug not firing at all and it feels like you're running on three cylinders? Or is it a timing misfire? Then it might be the crank sensor.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The car has never sat for more than a day without being driven since I bought it in April, but I can take a look inside the coil pack anyway. About the misfire, I can't even really say that I feel it. The car runs as tight as ever, and full power all the time, the only thing I notice which might even be normal is that sometimes when idling at a light or something, the car will vibrate a little, almost as if there is an unbalance. I thought that was caused by the cylinder not firing properly, but is that normal?

That's all the info I have so far?

Also too, I don't know anyone else with a Tib, so no chance at switching coil packs.

·
4,097 Posts
I'm not sure if a dirty injector would show those symptoms or give you a cylinder misfire, but that's something else to look at.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Either way if it's something like that I'm better to bring it in and have then run a scan or whatever on it rather than me start swapping parts aren't I?

·
4,097 Posts
Well, if you like playing around with your car, you could swap out parts just to see if it fixes the problem.

Wait, so you don't know if it's the same code now?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like playing around, but time and money are factors I don't feel like starting to buy all these parts for nothing.

Yes I know it's the same code, I scanned the code myself. It's been the same since the start

·
4,097 Posts
alexlacelle said:
I like playing around, but time and money are factors I don't feel like starting to buy all these parts for nothing.

Yes I know it's the same code, I scanned the code myself. It's been the same since the start
That's why I suggested finding someone with an I4 as a donor for the swaps.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hear what your saying, however I don't think that will be happening right now. Looks like I'm headed for the dealership...

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also too, in the event that it would be a clogged injector, would it be a good idea to try and run some cleaner through the car n see if that helps it?

·
4,097 Posts
If you do, just add BG44K to your tank on your next fillup.

·
Registered
216 Posts
could be your camshaft sensor idk if any one else had this problem but mines been replaced like 3 times didnt feel like anything is wrong.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If it's just a sensor then really there is nothing wrong other than the faulty sensor right? How much did it cost to change?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Maybe a stupid idea here, but can I swap the coil packs, like the first and the second one, and see if the CEL changes too? Or better yet, can I just swap the wires form one coil to the next? Anything like that maybe?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lluks_844 said:
warranty work didnt pay a thing
How much did it cost to change?

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
your having an issue with cyl. 3....try a leak down test. You can also take the #3 injecor, move it to another cyl..see if it follows. if it does...then you have a faulty injector.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts