Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, Hotshot fell apart, no more headers from them. So should I go with SSA v2 or DC Sports?

Is one or the other more "plug and play" for an 03 V6 Tib?

I am worried about CELs, O2 bungs, etc.

I will be having a high flow cat put on, and if I go with the SSAs I might have them ceramic coated.

Any advice?

Thanks

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
You shouldn't have any problems with CEL's with headers as long as you connect the O2 sensors. I've had my headers for over 6 months and I've not had a single CEL.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
DC sports headers and no CEL and no Cat either

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
Both are good an will yield the same gains. I think the only thing about the dc sports is that you have to extend the secondary o2sensors, so therefore I guess you can say the ssa's are more plug and play. But since it comes ceramic coated I would go for them

·
Registered
248 Posts
i would go with the SSA and get them ceramic coated. Thats what i did and they work great, ive had them for 9 months and no cels or problems at all. i chose the ssa over the DC becasue the SSA headers are made from 304 stainless steel, where as the DC headers are some generic mild steel. Thats why they come coated, its cheaper to use crap steel and coat them then to use high quality steel. I coated my SSA headers anyway to cut down on engine bay temps.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
lostdestiny14 said:
Both are good an will yield the same gains. I think the only thing about the dc sports is that you have to extend the secondary o2sensors, so therefore I guess you can say the ssa's are more plug and play. But since it comes ceramic coated I would go for them
i didnt have to extend any wires. just had to zip tie wire of the lower o2 back header so it wouldnt burn

·
Registered
367 Posts
not fair...i only have intake exhaust and i have a CEL ever since i got the injen SRI installed....it dissapears and i get happy then it comes back and i get pissed

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Both header brands are the same for gains and for install. Both are straight forward installs and both you need to make sure that you have some wrap or place the o2 sensor wires out of the way of the headers so the heat from them does'nt melt your sensor wires. Catalytic Converter Highly recommended !

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
punkrocktiburon said:
i would go with the SSA and get them ceramic coated. Thats what i did and they work great, ive had them for 9 months and no cels or problems at all. i chose the ssa over the DC becasue the SSA headers are made from 304 stainless steel, where as the DC headers are some generic mild steel. Thats why they come coated, its cheaper to use crap steel and coat them then to use high quality steel. I coated my SSA headers anyway to cut down on engine bay temps.
I'm probably going to do just that. Turns out there is a performance shop in town that does great ceramic coating. Then have them put on a high flow cat and be done with it.

Should be fun :)

Thanks

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Anybody have the best seller to buy SSA's from. I did a search on ebay for ssautochrome and did not find them. When I search for tiburon headers on ebay all that seems to come up is OBX.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JBLover said:
Anybody have the best seller to buy SSA's from. I did a search on ebay for ssautochrome and did not find them. When I search for tiburon headers on ebay all that seems to come up is OBX.

Oh great, you're saying SSA headers are hard to find now?

I just waited 6 months for the hotshot order to fall apart, and now SSAs are scarce? I thought SSA was common?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts