Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am new here but i have a question about my tiburon. Its an 03 i4. I have had a problem with a CEL appearing intermittently its P0036, something with the sensor heater after the cat either shorting or having an open circuit.

I have cleaned the connector for the 02 sensor. I also cleaned the connector to the fuse box. I also replaced the sensor with a universal One and soldered it. I tried to clean the ecu connector but i couldnt get in off...

What do i do next? I have thought about running new wiring but seems like a pain to run through the firewall.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, You are probably right but i have been running a front Bosch 02 sensor for a year and it has been working fine. Do you think a different brand 02 sensor can throw a CEL?

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Thanks, You are probably right but i have been running a front Bosch 02 sensor for a year and it has been working fine. Do you think a different brand 02 sensor can throw a CEL?
Yes. We've discussed this many times lately. Bosch specifically are known to have issues with our cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts