Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here`s the deal...

When I try to lock up the car with the remote i have to like hurry up because after 2 seconds the car locks itself again.And when i try to unlock the car using the door knob(sitting inside the car,door closed) it also locks itself after 2 seconds....VERY anoying.
Sometimes the car unlocks and locks itself rapidely for like 5-6-7 times.

Also rarely when I try to unlock the car with the key the alarm sets off (stock alarm)
And the same thing happens......

I changed the passenger side lockactuator this summer, but I have not had these problems until like 2 weeks from now.

Does anyone know where the "censor thing" for the remote sits?
I am planning on disconnecting the central lock motor and use the key only.
Drives me nuts.

What to do?

·
Registered
399 Posts
sounds like another actuator problem. the sensor is actually part of the bcm. i don't think it can be seperately disconnected. you could probably unplug the actuators to get around the problem if you're just planning on using the key.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
timgeorgi said:
sounds like another actuator problem. the sensor is actually part of the bcm. i don't think it can be seperately disconnected. you could probably unplug the actuators to get around the problem if you're just planning on using the key.

Thanks
But should i change the driver side actuator too?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Sorry, but i'm not sure of the procedure to figure out which actuator is actually bad. I know if one goes bad they both act weirdly. I had one drivers side and two passenger side actuators fail on me. luckily that was within the first two years of owning my car. They have been fine ever since though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess i can order a new actuator from Ebay...
Pain in the a.. to change but maybe worth it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts