Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this is what i'm thinking of doing for now while i'm a starving student. I have a single magnaflow muffler off of my previous car which is really new and i'm thinking of buying another one. Now what i'm gonna do is just cut the stock mufflers out and put the new ones in. I'm not gonna be changing any of the stock piping except to mate up to the new exhausts. I can get the other muffler for pretty cheap so i'm not worried about the price for that, but I'm just wondering if its worth doing. I'm just looking for something to hold me over for a while till i get out of school and can afford to do the whole thing at once.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
u will see no gains off this... maybe maybe a whp but u still have the very restricitve pipes. Best bet is to buy ur other muffler, save more money and find an exhaust shop to do u a custom cat back exhaust for u. People do it all the time for less than most systems. Or just run single tip and u dont have to buy another

·
Registered
392 Posts
I did basically the same thing, cept with some Flowmasters, and chopped the Resonator. Its REALLY loud doing so, and creates a TON of cabin drone @ 2000 - 2500 RPM. I didnt notice much of an increase in HP... perhaps just like the difference from an old air filter changing to a new one.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Not worth it. Single exit magnflow ftw.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
yep just save ur money and get a custom exhaust done. I know it sucks but its the diffrence between a ricer (fake mods to fake looks or speed) or waiting and saving to do it right

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, ya gonna have to look into doing the whole custom set up from the cat back. but is there any real performance/sound differnce between having two exhausts or just using the one?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts