Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,415 Posts
you'll end up sounding like a honda

what i wanna end up doing is cutting of the stock mufflers and replacing them with cherry bombs or cherry bomb 2s .and then weld the stock tips back on.
i have ran cherry bombs and cherry bomb 2s on every car i've ever owned plus some that werent mine and i got to say it sounds great on anything , inline 4s, v6s v8s .

i think its a sure bet.

plus you can get both the cherry bomb and the cherry bomb 2 for under 25 bucks a piece at yer local meijers store NO SHIPPING
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
diymirage said:
you'll end up sounding like a honda

what i wanna end up doing is cutting of the stock mufflers and replacing them with cherry bombs or cherry bomb 2s .and then weld the stock tips back on.
i have ran cherry bombs and cherry bomb 2s on every car i've ever owned plus some that werent mine and i got to say it sounds great on anything , inline 4s, v6s v8s .

i think its a sure bet.

plus you can get both the cherry bomb and the cherry bomb 2 for under 25 bucks a piece at yer local meijers store NO SHIPPING
i was thinking of doing that before too..but i was just gonna run straight pipes and weld stock tips at the end......

i wanna go single tip though..i like the look better......so i need a bigger tip/muffler..i'm going for the SFR catback look....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BTW....whats this cherry bomb you speak of?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,415 Posts
in my opinion single ended muflers look like poohpooh unles you actually take the time to do the bodywork needed to cover up the second exhaust hole
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im gonna cut the diffuser like KDM guy......but what i'm weary about is that mysterious charcoal box hidden underneath it....

whats a cherry bomb?...do u have any clips of it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,415 Posts
cherrybomb is a make , just like magnaflow or skunk2
they have been around for i dont know how long and are very popular as a cheap but decent bang for the buck upgrade on domestics.
http://www.cherrybomb.com/sounds-front.asp
when i say cherrybomb i mean the red glaspacks they have under their products section
when i say cherrybomb 2 i mean their mufler called turbo. i might be able to find a clip of my cougar V6 with the dual glaspacks on it but i dont have one from my tibby because i havent gotten round to it yet .
this is the tibby inline 4 on OBX headers OBX downpipe and stock catback


(theres a sound clip in the very last post)
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85397
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i see...i see

never heard of them before this thread.......

are the mufflers cheap too...or is it just the glassplack red tube?...

i might look into it provided a sound clip....but yea.....pretty good alternative i might consider..

EDIT.......tib sounds great......is that with the stock mufflers.?.......stock exhaust apart from headers right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,415 Posts
like i said , i picked up a turbo mufler for under 25 bucks let me check the site
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,879 Posts
STAY AWAY FROM CHERRY BOMBS!!!!!!

Those things are crap and should be discontinued. If you want a cherry bomb, just get a dynamax bullet muffler. Atleast that won't burnout in 15 min.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,415 Posts
cant find a price but im certain it was under 25
and that was a regular price and an awesome sound
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
really?.....

i had never heard of them before this thread......so they aren't reliable ur saying.?

BTW........can anyone send me a link to a website where i can buy just straight piping for a custom exhaust setup?....

straight pipes and a muffler won't sound too ricey will it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,415 Posts
05GT said:
STAY AWAY FROM CHERRY BOMBS!!!!!!

Those things are crap and should be discontinued. If you want a cherry bomb, just get a dynamax bullet muffler. Atleast that won't burnout in 15 min.
i disagree ,those things will last forever ,no rust no cloggs
good stuff good price
call me a ******* but i love my cherrybombs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,415 Posts
seedweed23 said:
really?.....

i had never heard of them before this thread......so they aren't reliable ur saying.?

BTW........can anyone send me a link to a website where i can buy just straight piping for a custom exhaust setup?....

straight pipes and a muffler won't sound too ricey will it?

i've tried running straightpipes on several cars before and sometimes its ok sometimes it aint .im pretty sure you can buy piping at any muflershop or jegs.com or summitracing or what not.
as far as i've noticed straigt pipes will sounds OK as long as you make sure there is a flexpipe in place .

think its time to go to the steakhouse :>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
first things first...i need some pipes...lol....

stainless steel exhaust piping can't be too expensive right?......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,415 Posts
i guess the question is are you keeping the car for more then 2 years ?
if the awnser is yes , go with the stainless
is the awnser no then cheap out and get whatever ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Top