Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my check engine light has returend and here is what I came up with

P0705 Transmission range (TR) sensor/switch, PRNDL input – circuit malfunction Wiring, TR sensor/switch, ECM/TCM

P1529 Check TCM

any suggestions It came on while I was driving and hasn't gone away yet. I'm not sure what TCM means do you think hyundai will cover it since it seems like a circuit malfunction and I have never touch the circuitry?, also about a year ago my BCM fried and there was electrical smoke coming out of different places like my sterring wheel and gearbox etc. well if any one can help please do it will be much appriciated!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
alright know I think there's something wrong with the wiring, I started my car this morning and the ecu light was gone but my clock was reset and I didn't reset my car at all, also my remote to my alarm has stopped working as well!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
did u get an afermarket alarm installed? Either way take it to hyundai and see if they fix it. I would be worried something is exposed and is going to ground your car out and all wires got to be replaced but im a bit of a worrier myself with the car

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
The TCM is the transmission control module - it is a little black box under the driver side dash - it controls the shifting of the transmission - it monitors the way you drive and programs itself to control the transmission to your driving habits... It is a warranty item as long as you have done nothing to the stock wiring harness or modified the power output of the engine severly..

The transmission range sensor is a big black plastic sensor on the front of the transmission, it is directly controlled by the shifter linkage and tell the TCM what gear you are in... it is also a warranty item - and it's output cannot be changed by any modifications - so will always be a warranty item regardless of mods

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
ok my check engine light has returend and here is what I came up with

P0705 Transmission range (TR) sensor/switch, PRNDL input – circuit malfunction Wiring, TR sensor/switch, ECM/TCM

P1529 Check TCM
I had the same codes( P0705 and P1529 ), and also P0103. Here is what hyundai is replacing:

Replacing Inhibitor sensor, part # 42700-39050
Replacing MAF sensor, part # 28164-37200

My car is an 03 GT, with the following mods:
- AEM CAI
- DC HEADERS
- DC EXHAUST
- HIDS
- GROUND WIRES
- NOLOGY COOLWIRES

Dealer is replacing everything under warranty!​

1 - 7 of 7 Posts