Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm stuck with a problem....i have had a check light for turn on...took my 03 v6 coupe fx to the local Hyundai dealership as well as many other places as well which does diagnosis all have said the car doesn't communicate when doing ECM
but does pick and read for TCM

So I don't know what to do....any help will be appreciated

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I'm stuck with a problem....i have had a check light for turn on...took my 03 v6 coupe fx to the local Hyundai dealership as well as many other places as well which does diagnosis all have said the car doesn't communicate when doing ECM
but does pick and read for TCM

So I don't know what to do....any help will be appreciated
Hey Raajilkfj, I’d be glad to help. You might need a multimeter for this job. First starters let’s check the ECM itself. Check for any bent wires, corrosion, lose connections etc. I believe the ECM should be in the right side of the passenger seat. Should be a panel by the door/speaker with a screw holding it. Remove that and possibly pull the carpet to get access to the ECM. Let me know if you find anything!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Raajilkfj, I’d be glad to help. You might need a multimeter for this job. For starters let’s check the ECM itself. Check for any bent wires, corrosion, lose connections etc. I believe the ECM should be in the right side of the passenger seat. Should be a panel by the door/speaker with a screw holding it. Remove that and possibly pull the carpet to get access to the ECM. Let me know if you find anything!

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
That's pretty weird. The TCM is part of the ECM so it's strange to get a reading from one but not the other. Possibly your OBD connector is damaged and not connecting to all of the pins? Any other symptoms other than the CEL? Any mods done recently? Any changes from before the CEL came on?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My car is recently miss firing the rmp starts to go up on the slightest press on gas...rmp stick it is itself shaky going up and down... Car jacks all of a sudden while driving and stalls easily. The car was parked for four months

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Raajilkfj, I’d be glad to help. You might need a multimeter for this job. First starters let’s check the ECM itself. Check for any bent wires, corrosion, lose connections etc. I believe the ECM should be in the right side of the passenger seat. Should be a panel by the door/speaker with a screw holding it. Remove that and possibly pull the carpet to get access to the ECM. Let me know if you find anything!
Thank you..i will inform my mechanic on this

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
My car is recently miss firing the rmp starts to go up on the slightest press on gas...rmp stick it is itself shaky going up and down... Car jacks all of a sudden while driving and stalls easily. The car was parked for four months
Could be an issue with your MAF, IAC, or TPS. I'd clean all of them well and see if that helps. Also check all your connections leading into the intake to make sure you don't have a vacuum leak somewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts