Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 593 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know theres plenty more Tiburons toward in the inner city and inner city burbs. The only guy i know is Kevin, TOTALLYTIBURON. We Chicago guys are really unorganized, we gotta put something together here; instead of always driving up north for meets. I say we set something up for the spring, like go to the drag strip and then out for food or something like that. Check out eachothers rides and chill. Lets put together a Chicago Tib Club. I know you guys are out there, so lets get something going. I'm tired of rolling around as the only Tib and being told i have the wrong "H" badge. Power in numbers :3_nosthum

Pre HIN Meet
Formation of Club (Chii Town Tibz)??????

February 17th, 2007
Meet there between 12pm-1pm. We can check out eachothers rides, play some pool, and have a few drinks. Then party on from there after.

Break time Family billards
1550 N State Route 59
Naperville, IL 60563
(630) 305-3606
This place is about 3/4 of a mile south of 88 on RT59

1. Bangalang
2. Rolfmywaffle
3. Totallytiburon
4. Phlash
5. Tuscani911
6. HBNR86
7. Rikti
8. J-Rod
9. mrm_masa
10. gotalovethechode......... That name is great
11. Hotsharky06
12. Primeplaya7
13. Cuttthroat1117
14. GTshark
15. xxxmonoxidechild
16. rjcool55

If anybody else is interested please PM Bangalang or post........Let see if we can get 2 dozen tibs at this

Hot Import Nights - Chicago Meet

March 31, 2007
McCormick Place
5pm - Midnight
2301 South Lake Shore Drive.
Chicago, IL 60616

Let me know if you are interested. Also the area you are from to find a reasonable location for u to all meet that is not out of anyones way. We can go down there, check out some rides, the music, etc. Afterwards go out to eat somewhere like maybe steak n shake or a portillos. PM me or post up. thanks.

1. Tuscani911 - Berwyn/Cicero, IL
2. TOTALLYTIBURON - Tinley Park, IL
3. mrm_masa - WI
4. Cutthroat1117 - Morris, IL
5. xxxmonoxidechild - Rockford, IL
6. roflmywaffle - Bloomington, IL (maybe)
7. hotsharky06 - Norridge, IL
8. phlash -
9. GTshark - Shorewood, IL
10. Bangalang - Naperville, IL
11. rjcool55 - Central IL
12. Xx2003GTxX - McHenry, IL

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
hahaha....whats funny is I see a tib that's fairly modded, post up about it...and never hear anything from anyone about it. It's like every Tib in the chitown area are in their own world.

·
Non-emo
3,353 Posts
Tuscani911 said:
I'm tired of rolling around as the only Tib and being told i have the wrong "H" badge. Power in numbers :3_nosthum
Get a T badge?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
then lets start planning for the spring. lets hear some ideas

·
Registered
208 Posts
chi-town is only 2 hours from me so ill definately be down

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
previous meets have been held at Woodfield in Schaumburg, a few of us met downtown for the chicago auto show, a couple other times we met at GTshark's place, we also met at a park once . . .

grilling, drinking, cruising, are all normally part of the itinerary of a good meet here in IL

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
im ready for a meet come springtime......what and where though?

·
Registered
266 Posts
TOTALLYTIBURON said:
im ready for a meet come springtime......what and where though?
We could all go to diamonds haha.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Rikti said:
We could all go to diamonds haha.
lmao, in west chicago, right?? Didnt that place go down for some "activities" they were performing at a golf course?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
probably . . ., but oh well, seriously though, it'll be hard to plan a meet this early for spring time, most members here go into hibernation until march and april

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
J-Rod said:
probably . . ., but oh well, seriously though, it'll be hard to plan a meet this early for spring time, most members here go into hibernation until march and april
yea, never really thought about that.....but the sooner we get something going, the better I would think.......oh well, we got plenty of time

·
Registered
266 Posts
TOTALLYTIBURON said:
lmao, in west chicago, right?? Didnt that place go down for some "activities" they were performing at a golf course?
lmao ya i almost forgot about that. It was supposively a charity event where guys paid 500 to 1k to have the girls as their caddies. Yet they had closed tents there too....hrmmm ;) place is still open though they cant do the golf course thing anymore lol.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Rikti said:
lmao ya i almost forgot about that. It was supposively a charity event where guys paid 500 to 1k to have the girls as their caddies. Yet they had closed tents there too....hrmmm ;) place is still open though they cant do the golf course thing anymore lol.
yea, I bet they all got a "hole in one" that day lmmfao :m_hitit: :m_hitit: :m_hitit:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I say we go to the track in Union Grove, Wisconsin with some of the Wisconsin guys. A large and strong Tiburon presence at that track will be highly noticed. Then the Chicago guys can break off into a pack down the express way back to the city and we can go for some food somewhere.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
wish everyone was 21 +........so wherever we decide to go, they have to serve booze lol

·
Registered
392 Posts
You know... Theres a high-end auto club in Joliet. Its called the Autobahn... And no it doesnt involve watching birds. Ive got a few friends who know people there, and I may just be able to pull some strings. Im not for sure though, because i think the tracks they have there are for race-experienced drivers only... But heck, its like 2.5 miles of track there, real nice.

...I think ill look in to that, but Itll take me a good month to contact all the people i know to possibly set it up... Hopefully they have an open track day or something for new members. basically i know a few members with Ford GTs, 360 Modenas, Gallardos, Elise's, Corvettes, and ironically a few with Miatas. My uncle happens to be good friends with the owner/operator (Hes his financial advisor), and Im pretty buddy-buddy with people in Red Bull, and they happen to sponsor the tracks & so-on.

Ill see what i can do ^_^

·
Registered
392 Posts
oof... After talking with my buddies in Red Bull, im realizing this may be a bigger undertaking than i originally thought. I dunno... If i were able to talk NT and/or Red Bull into something, Red Bull may sponsor the meet, at which point it would rock. Perhaps I should get in contact with some higher-ups in RB and an admin here or two

1 - 20 of 593 Posts