Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yea i know theres a diy for this but i wanna find out whats going on with my car!

when ever i turn just alittle hard or take a curve hard, the chime starts going off ding ding ding!!!!

i can even push against the door from the inside when its closed and it starts chiming....

what causes this?

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
i bet you need to adjust the door latch bar had the same issue minus the chime cause i took my chimmer out. but my door light would come on.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i bet you need to adjust the door latch bar had the same issue minus the chime cause i took my chimmer out. but my door light would come on.
well i noticed the other day that 2 out of the 3 bolts for the door latch were missing the 3rd was barely just hanging on

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
On the newer Tib's it's usually the seat belt buckle. Not sure if the older Tib's had the same problem.

As stated just wiggle the buckle back and fourth and see if it starts dinging. If it doesn't then put some pressure on the door and see if the latch may be at fault.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
you can unhook the connector under the seat no light no ding.....

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
I can't believe someone left their door chime in... lol

depending on your year tib, you may have a TSB on your seatbelt sensor. Go into a dealership with you VIN and ask them about it.

·
and his new kimchi coupe
6,247 Posts
The only thing that annoys me about the door chime is that it will ding if you have the door open with the car running or in the ACC position, my nissan doesn't do that. Otherwise, I like having it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts