Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So trolling around I found this, looks like a Tiburon with a Pontiac grill, SLK hood, and a few other things thrown together, but the body is definitely that of a Tib. Thoughts? Oh and here's a link to the thread on CarSpyShots: http://www.carspyshots.net/zerothread?id=21286

Attachments

·
Registered
639 Posts
nice i saw that before.. i dont remember when... i heard that was gonna be new tiburon in 08 but who knows.. too much rumor..

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
im not suprized chinas finally getting in the game, they make everything else why not cars

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
ho0n said:
Isn't this the 03 tiburon that was tuned by some company way back?
Tuscani Aero concept. You can tell it's not new from the 03/04 style gills.

But the Chinese are going to surprise us I think. Yeah so that car looks like they copied several others, but who hasn't done that? (cough cough Hyundai).

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
i like our styles better thats just another thing made in China

·
Registered
256 Posts
peachferrari said:
Tuscani Aero concept. You can tell it's not new from the 03/04 style gills.

But the Chinese are going to surprise us I think. Yeah so that car looks like they copied several others, but who hasn't done that? (cough cough Hyundai).

I can't really vouch for this car but I know for a fact the chinese are getting into the car market. My friends father is chairman of a new company that's going to bring over some new cars around 09. Don't get to excited though they have only put a smal compact (something like a yaris) and a small truck (like the oginal rav4 and chevy tracker) into production.

I'll see if I can find the website

·
Registered
1,976 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
jonnyd said:
Now this is nice

We're talking about the Chinese car. Not the futur tiburon. :)

·
Registered
547 Posts
cool, they would have to redesign the interior if its RWD! ;)
i like it

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
jonnyd said:
i like the interior its very sporty

Now this is nice

anyone have more real pics of this car?

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
The Orange 1 is BADASS! I LOVE IT! big front Grille! SEXY

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
JYL_SouthKorea said:
Damn Chinese dudes.... Seems it's a mix of a Tiburon, Pontiac, BMW Z4 and a Maserati.
One thing for sure : DO NOT BUY ANY CHINESE CAR, EVEN IF YOU RUN OUT OF MONEY.

http://www.bobaedream.co.kr/board/data/data_view.php?code=mov&No=27521&page=1&select=Subject&content=?????&r_no=0&search_gubun=&s_pagescale=&search_day=&Answer=12
This is a crash test of a chinese SUV. If an SUV is that weak, what the hell gonna happen with the Coupé ?

( The car crashed at 40mph.)
Hard to tell from that vid how bad the crash really was. Plus it was an offset test, which is always worse that a direct head-on. They wouldn't even be able to sell the cars in the states if they don't pass the crash tests.

Saying to never buy any Chinese car is like saying never buy any american car based on one crash test from one model. I'm sure the early crash tests from the first Hyundai Pony and Excel would make you want to never buy any Korean car huh?

---Check out this thread for more pics/renderings of the Aero:
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/t9344-new-coupe-2007.htm

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Yea, but the Chinese just began to make cars... I don't trust them. No offense for Chinese.

And that car's hot ! Damn I wish that will be the next Tib with a new engine !

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hmm.. interesting..... wonder how the Chinese car company can copy certain car and get away with it??? Overall it doesnt look bad. Front for some reason reminds me of Mercedes headlights with Pontiac kidney grills. The body is definitely looks like a Tiburon. The back end looks kinda like Mercedes also?, not too bad but the lights look retarded.

There's more picture here.
http://www.carspyshots.net/zerothread?id=21286

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
um, you realize htat koreans are not exactly known for being original...just look at most hyundai and kia cars...there are cues from a TON of other companies...yes even your beloved tiburon

·
Registered
615 Posts
I think the car looks really nice, the back quarter panels in some way remind me of the Infinity coupe model :)

The chinese are where Hyundai was 10 years ago so we'll see how quick they'll catch up to the rest :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts