Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I checked out the chromes door handles DIY in the, well, DIY section (duh) and found it helpful but frankly a little vague without pictures. Can anyone please provide any suggestions or help on their experience doing this modification? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Pics not working? There were pics when I did this a while back. What are you stuck with?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
patience, remove the door panel, and remove the screws holding the factory handle in, now here comes the hard part trying to fit the chrome handles in and getting them to latch tight, you need 2 people for this 1 on the inside and 1 on the outside feeding it in, just get it lined up where it needs to be and to latch the key hole in place. takes about 10min with some patience

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, its hard for me to find where all the bolts are that they are talking about in the instructions.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After removing the tweeter, the instructions say to remove 4 bolts, where there is three that I see.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im scared I will bust the cover.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone? Is there a bolt behind the bottom speaker?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, I cant find all the bolts, I am going to wait until I find all the bolts and then do it.

·
and his new kimchi coupe
6,247 Posts
There should be a detailled DIY on this somewhere.

Anyway, to take off the door panel, you have to remove the three screws on the edge of the door, then the two screws only seen when the door is open (on the part of the door panel that is nearest to the front of the car), then remove the screw holding the plate behind the interior door handle on. WHAT YOU PROBABLY DON'T KNOW --> Pop off the front half of the door grab (what you pull to shut the door). Look for the tiny cut out near the top of the door grab, so you can use a flathead screwdriver to pry it, then use your fingers to loosen it the rest of the way. You should see three more screws, one right there, and two recessed into the inside of the door grab. There are three tabs holding the tweeter to the door, just gently pull on the tweeter on each corner of the triangle to detach it from the door. Flip the tweeter over the door, find the little cut out on the bottom edge of the door panel and pull so that the door panel releases all the clips inside the door. The door panel hangs by the top of the door so just place your hands on the sides of the panel and pull out then lift up.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks man, I will later today or this weekeend and let you know me progress, Any other suggestions are welcome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts