Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I posted in the newbie section about replacing my damaged hood with a CF one. I've been shopping around a few shops in my area and i think i'm gonna go ahead and put in the claim to my insurance =)

NOW, since i'll prolly end up getting a CF hood, i have a few questions:

1) has anyone had any fitment issues with vis EVO CF hood (i have a '04 gt)

2) how much clear coat should i put on?

3) can i do the clear coat myself (i have no experience with that at all) or am i better off shipping the hood to a body shop/painter and having them do it for me?

4) it looks pretty easy to do, but i could be wrong so... how many people would i need to help me replace the hood? i know it weighs around 50 lbs, but it's also kinda bulky. looks like just a couple bolts and then i'll prolly hafta reconnect the washer fluid lines.

i think that's about it for now. thanks in advance.

-rod

·
Registered
433 Posts
it comes with clear already on it, u could reclear it if u want but if i were u i wouldnt since u have no experience, its harder than it looks, plus u have to buy a gun and have somewere to spray it. and u can install it urself just pup the hood take off the pisser lines and take 1 bolt out of each side and loosen the other 2. take the shocks off and close the hood, almost, put a block of wood or somthin down by the latch to keep the hood from closing so u have enough room to take out ur bolts then just lift er off. 2 ppl make it nice but its possible for one person to do it.

that would probly be the easiest but how i do it is take 1 bolt out of each side then take a shock the last bolt out and rest hood on cowl then while holding the hood up work my way to the other side of the car and pop the other shock off then take that bolt out and just lift it off.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow, sounds really simple then! guess i'll be ordering my CF hood soon as i get that check! Thanks a bunch!

-rod

1 - 3 of 3 Posts