Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey has anyone tryed to clear a set of 05 tails? Can they be done the same way as the 03-04's?
and can you use the 03-04 clear tail light covers on them?

Thanks

·
Registered
555 Posts
Martin said:
Hey has anyone tryed to clear a set of 05 tails? Can they be done the same way as the 03-04's?
and can you use the 03-04 clear tail light covers on them?

Thanks
The clear covers for the 03/04 are not perfectly molded, they are a lil bit bigger than the stock covers. Some cutting/dremeling is required to obtain a good fit.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tibjay909 said:
The clear covers for the 03/04 are not perfectly molded, they are a lil bit bigger than the stock covers. Some cutting/dremeling is required to obtain a good fit.
Ya i know they need adjusting to fit the 03-04's i did the set that are on my car now and went LED in them, A friend of mine wants me to do a set of 05's and I was just asking if they could be done the same way.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
when you put the led in i hear the break lights do not work right.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shift21 said:
when you put the led in i hear the break lights do not work right.
no the brake lights work fine, you will loose your cruise control if you do not buy a resistor and chnge the wiring on the back of the tail light.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
my bad,I just messed mine up then lol with the LED ligths in they do not light brighter when i touch the breaks. The custom tail ligthts are a must, just finished mine. The DIY was AWESOME

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shift21 said:
my bad,I just messed mine up then lol with the LED ligths in they do not light brighter when i touch the breaks. The custom tail ligthts are a must, just finished mine. The DIY was AWESOME
You might not have the right led's, or they are wired wrong, you need the led's that get brighter(like hte stock bulb)

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
i'm hoping thats the case, case when i hook the regulars up they work. meh, i rewired the car to accomedate but might have to look into that. .has anyone tried to get "prgressive signal lights( like the old cars) should look sweet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts