Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I'm having this clicking noise when i go around left turns. anyone else have this issue? I've hving troubles getting the replace cv and the stupid dealership wants 600 for a new one and i have to wait a few weeks for it.

I also had a suggestion to just pull the boot off and packsome more grease into the joint.

Any input would help .

Thanks

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
If the boot is cracked and a bunch of dirt has already got to it, then there is no saving it. Just deal with it until the dealership can get the part. That sounds like a rip off too....$600 for a CV joint...

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Hmmm....yea if the boot is fine it wouldn't hurt to add grease. They sell boot kits too if its starting to go.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
How does grease get out of a boot that doesn't leak? Junkyard is your friend.

·
Registered
579 Posts
putting more greae in there will not help....

you only reboot the cv if the boot is broke and there is NO noise.

bennet makes axels for the tib ...75 bucks a pop....and thats new not remaned

·
Registered
250 Posts
you sure its the cv and not a wheel bearing?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya very sure its not the bearing. only clicks when in a turn. I'm haing trubles finding the part in canada. I was able to get a cv axel for the passenger side off of a automatic.

Does anyone know if the auto and the 6 speed have the same cv axel? I was told by the dealership that the part numbers where the same for both.

Also looking at doing this tonight. Is it a hard job to change the axel?

·
Registered
152 Posts
600 for an axle is a ripoff. I got both of mine done (at the dealer) for around 450. If you are going to replace one, you might as well do them both because they take the same amount of wear.

It's not really a hard job, just take off the huge nut on the end of the axle, then move the rotor/caliper out of the way and slide it out. Then pop it out of the transmission. If you can't find a DIY on this site, I'm sure there is a general one on the web somewhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts