Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

climate control rattle

534 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  satanhanx 
#1 ·
On my way home tonight, I was running the defroster at 80 degrees, on the lowest fan setting, when suddenly it started making a rattling kind of noise, somewhere behind the dash. It sounds like a piece of paper or something stuck in the fan, I dunno. It's dark, so I havn't even attempted to look at anything yet. Anyone have any pointers? If there's something stuck in the system, is there any simple way to clean it out?

#3 ·
happyface44r said:
I've had that maybe once or twice and it was a leaf. So what I did was put the fan on 4 and that took care of it.

Daniel

That was my first thought, and I tried cranking the fan speed up, and even tried switching bewteen defrost, and the other vents. When the fan was on higher, I couldn't hear the noise, but as soon as I turned it down, it was back again. I think you're probably right, it sounds like it's a leaf, but I have no idea how to get it out.

#4 ·
satanhanx said:
That was my first thought, and I tried cranking the fan speed up, and even tried switching bewteen defrost, and the other vents. When the fan was on higher, I couldn't hear the noise, but as soon as I turned it down, it was back again. I think you're probably right, it sounds like it's a leaf, but I have no idea how to get it out.

Next option would be to take off your glove box so you can get to the blower motor. Take out your cabin filter and check around. When it happened to me the second time the leaf was stuck in one of the fins of the blower. Hope that helps ya.

Daniel

#5 · (Edited)
lol, the same thing happened to me last night. I was going to make a post about it also. Yeah it sounded like a leaf somehow got lost in my AC duct and was flapping around in there. I'm gonna have to get under there and take it apart. The noise was coming from the bottom passenger duct.

Well I checked it out. I took apart the fan and motor and I was right! I had 3 leaves and a couple of pine needles making all the racket.

Short Phillips head
Step 1 - Take of the mount with 2 terminals attached and take out terminal on the right.
This will free up the motor and fan so that you can take it out without the wires in you way.
Step 2.- Remove 3 screws and the fan will pop right out

#8 ·
actually, whatever was up in there, ( a leaf or whatever), seems to have dislodged itself. It might still be in there, but it stopped making noise, so I'll probably just leave it alone, until it happens again. Sometimes, being lazy and procrastinating has it's benefits.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.