Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just switched the metal grain center piece for the stock black one that goes around the stereo, clock, and temperature controls. I got all the switches and temperature controls and everything into the new piece and popped it back into place. Well now the clock isn't working. It lights up orange, so there is power, but the actual digits for the clock are not popping up. Any ideas??

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
playtilithrtz said:
try wiggling the wires on the back of the connector and see what happens.
Tried that, the light flickered but no digits on the clock...

·
Registered
321 Posts
one of the wires is most likely disconnected.. if you got some skills... disconnect and resolder :)

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
stiles88 said:
Tried that, the light flickered but no digits on the clock...

unplug the clock connector and check the metal pins behind the clock......sometimes they bend when u plug it in

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ya i had the same problem, turns out i broke off one of the pins and lost it, i had to crack it open and re solder it using an empty pin from an extra wiring harness, so first check to see if you have all of your pins then check to see if one is bent out of wack, that could be the problem

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright I will check out the connector again when I get a break at work today. Hopefully one of the pins is just bent, I don't really have any soldering experience...thanks for all the help guys!

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,480 Posts
FORCE FED FLESH said:
unplug the clock connector and check the metal pins behind the clock......sometimes they bend when u plug it in
Yeah- it happened to me. Make sure that the pins are straight.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep you guys were exactly right, one of the pins had bent. I just bent it back up and I had a clock again! Thanks everyone for the help!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Man thanks for this tip for the clock. I had this problem after installing my Vent Haloz and my clock did not work after the install, no fuses were blown, I was stumped. Just pulled the center console and straightened the pins and works perfectly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts