Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SO FRUSTRATED!
some of you already know my clutch story, some of you dont.
well today, driving home from my friends house, everything perfectly normal, all of a sudden on a downshift my clutch just looses all tension. get off the clutch, go to hit it again, and boom. its as hard as a rock YET AGAIN.
so god damn mad.
stock clutch lasted about 30 miles
2nd clutch lasted about 150 miles
third clutch (this one) lasted around 2000 miles
WTF is going on here!?

OH and to top it all off, i just spent 2g on a turbo kit! so im absolutely broke...........

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
damn man sorry to hear about that, IDK what in the world would cause that to happen, the best of luck to you on figuring out what the deal is

·
Registered
922 Posts
That sucks so bad haha, It could be the person installing the clutch maybe? not to hate on you if your the one doing it, but two different brand clutches pooping on you? assuming you didnt get a stock replacement for the stock, only thing I can think of

·
Registered
516 Posts
I don't know your situation up to this point, but if your car is still under warranty I would get the dealership to check it out and see if you can't get warranty service. (I am sure you've tried this though)

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
wtf? have u checked to see if its just ur master cylinder? the ones for are cars are very crappy and ive bent 2 of them and broke at least 2 and only have had to change the clutch once when i first bought it

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
all 3 clutches are OEM i got replaced for free.
goign to get spec this time around,
so pissed

·
Registered
15 Posts
im on almost 60000 miles with the stock clutch. yes it may act up sometimes in cold weather, but its still working fine. I honestly think all you guys who keep blowing up their clutch dont know how to drive.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it has nothing to do with the way im driving.
the clutch never burns or smells.
randomly all 3 times it just locked up, its literally impossible to depress...
thats NOT what a smoked clutch does.

·
Registered
15 Posts
true... maybe you have a lemon? I have beat the **** put of my car. and I have to say i have smelled clutch a few times after abusing her. At least you didnt throw a piston like i did on my gst

·
Rool : Pron Spammer
4,097 Posts
If you're blowing clutches and if you can rule out the installer, is it possible that your slave or master cylinder could be causing the problem?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Def get a new installer, and stop buying OEM clutches.

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
What he said above, why the heck are you getting OEM clutches???

dont use the its under warranty and i didn't wanna invest in a clutch even though i knew i was going turbo excuse either.

sell the couch or fridge and get a better clutch

problem solved =)

oh yeah and check your slave and master cylinder

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
What he said above, why the heck are you getting OEM clutches???
Def get a new installer, and stop buying OEM clutches.
i got them replaced for free, thats why

my guess is it was the installer. went to the dealers "mechanic"
this time im going to my mechanic.

just ordered spec stage 3. my only issue is i cant afford a light weight FW atm so im going to be paying for this install twice -_-

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
so my mechanic said its the pressure plate, the actual disk is fine.
master and slave cylinder are fine.
WTF is up with exedy OEM clutches, thats 3 that the pressure plate went bad under 3000 miles.....
anyway spec should be here by Friday hopefully...
sigh...

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Damn man sounds like the problem I just had. What shop in NY is doing this work?
yea it sucks.
Andy's Automotive. its on Carmen ave in westbury.

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
My cousin works for MotorWeek and had a chance to have a few tiburons in the office for a while, he said after only one day of driving on their course the pressure plate had warped so bad he could barely get the car in and out of gear, and he knows how to drive!!

Sucks about the clutch though, i just bought a new clutch and flywheel which will be put in tomorrow. I went aftermarket right away, stock clutch = filth.

Good luck, i hope this clutch lasts...

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My cousin works for MotorWeek and had a chance to have a few tiburons in the office for a while, he said after only one day of driving on their course the pressure plate had warped so bad he could barely get the car in and out of gear, and he knows how to drive!!

Sucks about the clutch though, i just bought a new clutch and flywheel which will be put in tomorrow. I went aftermarket right away, stock clutch = filth.

Good luck, i hope this clutch lasts...
thats so ridicules, there should have been a recall on them..

thanks hopefully this one ships quick so i can get back on the road..

1 - 20 of 39 Posts