Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Just bought a valeo clutch for my 03 V6 Tiburon, but the thing is it seems to have some model with 4 springs in center and othe with no springs so i have one with no springs.

PLease what it the difference , would it change something ?

Thank you:3_shiny:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello

Just bought a valeo clutch for my 03 V6 Tiburon, but the thing is it seems to have some model with 4 springs in center and othe with no springs so i have one with no springs.

PLease what it the difference , would it change something ?

Thank you:3_shiny:
Forgot to say i have a Fidanza solid flywheel now !

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Ah i just asked this same question a while ago, you have an unsprung clutch instead of a sprung clutch. I personally just bought an unsprung one as well.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Ah i just asked this same question a while ago, you have an unsprung clutch instead of a sprung clutch. I personally just bought an unsprung one as well.
yup

stock clutch doesnt have the springs cause of the dual mass flywheel.

aftermarket you get both options cause you usually get rid of the dual mass flywheel.

the purpose of the springs is to smooth the shifts out a bit. it really just gives the clutch a little bit of give.

its best not to have the springs if you launch hard a lot cause the springs tend to break or get loose in the disk and cause havoc. you really wont notice much of a difference between the sprung and unsprung.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yup

stock clutch doesnt have the springs cause of the dual mass flywheel.

aftermarket you get both options cause you usually get rid of the dual mass flywheel.

the purpose of the springs is to smooth the shifts out a bit. it really just gives the clutch a little bit of give.

its best not to have the springs if you launch hard a lot cause the springs tend to break or get loose in the disk and cause havoc. you really wont notice much of a difference between the sprung and unsprung.

Ok Thank you cause when i look at the conversion kit (solide flywheel) every pics the clutch dic have the springs even the 4 puck so i thought it was a must ?

But has every day driving car you thing i will have no car lunch problem it will be still smooth ?

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
It will still be smooth, it will just be a bit different when you engage and disengage the clutch. It will just take a bit of getting used to.

·
Registered
579 Posts
the unsprung will chatter when trying to feather it in traffic....if you dont want your car shaking or you dont want to ride the clutch...sprung is the way to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts