Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my coolant and brake fluid flushed within the last 10k miles. I'm at 70k right now. Do I need to flush my clutch fluid as well or is it like the power steering where it doesn't really need to be changed?

·
Premium Member
5,304 Posts
Is a flush necessary or just a drain and fill?
Drain and refill. Drain the old fluid out while pouring in new fluid to the reservoir and keep going until no more dirty fluid comes out. With the reservoir empty, you might want to clean the inside of the reservoir as well. I used some Q-Tips.

It's similar to doing a brake fluid drain and refill and having a helper to pump the clutch pedal while you're tightening and loosening the bleeder valve makes it go really fast.

·
Premium Member
5,304 Posts
If you haven't, you should also change out your tranny fluid. If your auto, use the genuine Hyundai OEM fluid. If you're manual, the Redline MT-90 is the best. It only cost a $1 or $2 more than the OEM manual tranny fuid per quart.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Drain and refill. Drain the old fluid out while pouring in new fluid to the reservoir and keep going until no more dirty fluid comes out. With the reservoir empty, you might want to clean the inside of the reservoir as well. I used some Q-Tips.

It's similar to doing a brake fluid drain and refill and having a helper to pump the clutch pedal while you're tightening and loosening the bleeder valve makes it go really fast.
Thanks for the info. Does the power steering need to be done?

If you haven't, you should also change out your tranny fluid. If your auto, use the genuine Hyundai OEM fluid. If you're manual, the Redline MT-90 is the best. It only cost a $1 or $2 more than the OEM manual tranny fuid per quart.
Ya I have the Redline in there now. There was definately some improvement.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump on the power steering fluid. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it doesn't need to be done. Want to make sure though.

·
Premium Member
5,304 Posts
Bump on the power steering fluid. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it doesn't need to be done. Want to make sure though.
It's not mentioned in the manual for most cars, including the Tiburon, but it's a good idea to get it flushed. I do it every 30,000 miles. All fluids, whether it's brake, clutch, P/S, engine oil, etc, wear down and lose their properties. It's a good idea to do it. Preventative maintenance FTW!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts