Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive an '03 5 spd, about 73k miles.

Here's my situation: I'm driving and when I first start, I notice that the clutch has about half the arc of play, as in nothing happens 'till I'm halfway down on it. So, I'm driving and about 20 mins later of in town driving, the clutch no longer responds. I mash it all the way down and I can't put it into first, so I'm having to kill the engine, pop it into first, then start it and take off (for some reason, it was still letting me start it). I noticed that I was getting less play in the clutch in the higher gears, but still had to shift without the clutch.

So, I put some dot 3 in and it behaved itself after I sat and pumped the clutch and brakes for a bit, but ten minutes after I started moving it was doing it again and the reservoir showed no signs of draining.

Plus, there's NO slipping once I'm in gear, it's just getting in gear that is a *****.

Any ideas what's goin' on? I already searched but didn't find anything that sounded quite like what I had.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would say that you either have a clutch going out or you master/slave have contamination. I had a similar problem with my '98 S-10 when I had it.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Try Bleeding the system and refill it. If not I would say its your clutch. The reason you can still start your car is because there is a sensor that tell whether the clutch is engaged or not It might still be engaging, but there is not enough disc left to engage fully.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts