Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there simple question.. i trying to figure it out by myself moving the pedal rounded knob coming from the clutch master, because i change my clutch with flywheel, a convertion kit from valeo and was amazing results... but i see a video posted here a old men change a clutch and said about moving back for close the valve and if you moving forward the valve are open BUT for bee honest the technician change my clutch left the valve open, because i can push with my hand the slave, and my clutch work better than if i close the valve because if i close it the clutch its feel like keep a long distance up for you feel the clutch desangage.. you know.. i ask what really do moving down the dash the pedal knob?? ( the adjuster) moving toward the firewall and moving back the knob ..? Hopefully you understand my question and yes after the tech left my car that same day i try playing with the adjuster knob moving back and forward and i dont feel like to much differences and i beleved i feel better if its open like the old guy said in the video o slack position like he said .. and yes the clutch was change in front of me because was in my garage

·
Registered
375 Posts

what you need to do to utilize your master cylinder fully, it so have little to know play (no pressure on master) for about few millimeters of the peddle travel.
so keep adjusting the rod outwards until you achieve this.

this way, no matter what type of flywheel or clutch you have, you are utilizing the maximum you can of your master/slave cylinders.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

what you need to do to utilize your master cylinder fully, it so have little to know play (no pressure on master) for about few millimeters of the peddle travel.
so keep adjusting the rod outwards until you achieve this.

this way, no matter what type of flywheel or clutch you have, you are utilizing the maximum you can of your master/slave cylinders.

View attachment 136587
Thanks for replys me i do this a little late but for more easy to me for understand.. i take a screenshot of the picture you upload for trying to be more clearly.. so. The thing i try to figure it out its what happen when i scrollup or scroll down the knob. The only i feel its if i put this in slack like very close to the floor i feel the start engaging more close to the floor and if i scroll up like 4 times or more i feel the pedat start enagage more high. Im so confuse. Where its supouse to be goes .. if i didnt put this in the correct way can be damage the clutch? Or its only this for feel preference? Let me know check the red arrows at the picture sorry for damage it jeje let me know please i still playing around with this

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
20210404_170059.jpg
Thanks for replys me i do this a little late but for more easy to me for understand.. i take a screenshot of the picture you upload for trying to be more clearly.. so. The thing i try to figure it out its what happen when i scrollup or scroll down the knob. The only i feel its if i put this in slack like very close to the floor i feel the start engaging more close to the floor and if i scroll up like 4 times or more i feel the pedat start enagage more high. Im so confuse. Where its supouse to be goes .. if i didnt put this in the correct way can be damage the clutch? Or its only this for feel preference? Let me know check the red arrows at the picture sorry for damage it jeje let me know please i still playing around with this

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
425 Posts
You need two people to adjust the master cylinder rod. Follow this procedure here:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why i wil need 2 people.. i can do aline.. i do it. The only its i need to put and set and go tonsee if i can push. So.. asking. When i put the knob in the moment of the slave didnt move backward i need to know how many scroll up sonce there i need to do i test 2 and 4 scroll ups so.. i need to know where this need to go.. when i put in 2 scroll up i feel the start engage are a little high I'm so confuse? Its don't matter where i can put always the clutch engage its a little high? I put new clutch and solid convertion kit from valeo. See the picture for you understand what i mean of scroll up and down. Are this damage the clutch if i didn't put where its suppose to be or its only a adjustemnt preference. In scare damage my clutch. Let me know how many scroll up since you see start the slave didn't move backward. Let me know

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
425 Posts
I don't know what else to tell you. I installed a single mass flywheel and clutch kit, then adjusted the rod exactly as the video shows. It worked great for 50k miles and still counting.

·
Registered
375 Posts
You don't really need 2 people to adjust the master,
just adjust the rod until the peddle engagement is as high as possible, BUT with a tiny "emptiness" when not depressed at all.
because you don't to have any pressure in the clutch system with the peddle not touched.
This way you will get the maximum performance (pressure) from the entire system, because the master will travel as far as it could before the peddle hit the firewall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts