Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was replacing the master cylinder and slave cylinder on my 08 Tiburon 6 speed and it all went smoothly but now when I put the clutch in the pedal stays to the floor and when I close the bleeder valve it builds pressure and is as hard as a rock and idk cause when I bleed it Agustin it just continues to do that and I have absolutely not pedal at all?

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I was replacing the master cylinder and slave cylinder on my 08 Tiburon 6 speed and it all went smoothly but now when I put the clutch in the pedal stays to the floor and when I close the bleeder valve it builds pressure and is as hard as a rock and idk cause when I bleed it Agustin it just continues to do that and I have absolutely not pedal at all?
I have an 04 tib and I replaced the clutch slave cylinder and master cylinder and had the same problem.... My problem was I couldn't get the air out of the master cylinder. If you can find a rubber hose between the master cylinder and the slave cylinder take a pair of channel locks and crimp it not real tight and leave the lid off of your reservoir... Slowly and easily push the clutch in with your hand not hard because it might blow a seal in your master cylinder... You don't want to do this a bunch of times because it could mess up your master cylinder but this should bleed the air out of your master cylinder.... It worked for me on my first try, good luck

·
Registered
90 Posts
Bleeding a clutch master cylinder is basically the same as bleeding a brake master cylinder, which there are many tutorials online for how to do with all kinds of methods. My preferred method is bolting the cylinder onto the car, not attaching the lines, and using your thumb to bleed it. Have someone in the driver's seat slowly working the clutch pedal; while they depress the pedal you take you thumb off the line to let the fluid and bubbles squirt out into a safe container (brake fluid is nasty stuff), and put your thumb back on as the pedal is released do that you do not suck air into it. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts