Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 SE with the 6speed and wondering if it is known to have premature clutch problems or has this issue been taken care of, I seem to only see posts about earlier models. Also is it a candidate for the slave cylinder mod? no need taking it apart if there is not a spring in there.
car has 14000 miles on it, but I just bought it and hope the problem was taken care of.

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
roadfire said:
I have a 05 SE with the 6speed and wondering if it is known to have premature clutch problems or has this issue been taken care of, I seem to only see posts about earlier models. Also is it a candidate for the slave cylinder mod? no need taking it apart if there is not a spring in there.
car has 14000 miles on it, but I just bought it and hope the problem was taken care of.

I have 06 SE and yes Slave Cylinder still has fluid restriction spring. I removed mine and felt improvement. I have just under 15,000 miles and my stock clutch is already getting tired. I think even though 03s had a seperate clutch system problem the bottom line I feel is that hyundai factory clutch and flywheel are just weak. If you remove slave cylinder spring and baby your car you'll probably get life out of your factory clutch. Me personally I like to have fun with my cars. I have never dropped my clutch from higher than 2000rpms or roasted it accidentally and its still getting tired. Hope this helps :3_nosthum

1 - 2 of 2 Posts