Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having trouble getting home last night (really had to force the shifter into each gear) and now I cant even get it to move so i can take it to a shop... When I press the pedal it just feels like mush. If i try to start while in 1st it has a hard time because the clutch wont release.... WHAT HAPPENED?! I had the clutch+FW replaced 2 mos ago (SPEC stage1) and I know the tranny is about to go too, but i just want to get rid of this thing!!! Can anyone PLEASE help???

·
Registered
427 Posts
mine is kinda doing that too but 3rd gear is like neutral like it wont even stall when i put it in gear and let go of the clutch and it wont go into 5th or 6th. i feel your pain my mechanic is gonna look at mine hopefully wednesday ill let you know what he says

·
Banned
859 Posts
I dunno man.

·
Resident Mechanical Engineer
1,848 Posts
Besides an obvious problem to the clutch assembly itself, it may be an issue with air getting in the lines in the master and slave cylinders. Try bleeding your slave cylinder to see if you get any air out. Read up on the Slave Cylinder Valve Removal DIY for the location of the slave cylinder as well as instructions on how to bleed it properly on our cars. It may help.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Could there also be a hydraulic problem? Would that explain the weak clutch? Is there a leak somewhere in the gear box?

·
Banned
859 Posts
You can get a one man bleeder kit from autozone, advance, for 10 dollars and a quart of clutch fluid for 5 dollars just remove that choker valve and bleed that sucker :)

·
1,848 Posts
Bleeder kit = girlfriend. ;)

Get her to hold down the clutch pedal completely, then loosen the bleeder valve partially and don't tighten it back up until you have a steady stream of brake fluid. Release the clutch and pull it back up. Top off the master cylinder, and try again. Repeat until no more air comes out of the line and you just get a steady stream of brake fluid out of the bleeder screw each and every time.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Have someone watch the linkage while you depress the clutch, is it moving? If not try bleeding it, although if you just had the clutch done, it shouldn't need bleeding. Is there any fluid leaking around the slave, the master? Who did the install, speak with them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your help everyone. Based on the advice ive gotten from everyone it seems like the slave cylinder is bad. So I am going to try replacing that, and Ill let you know how it works.

THANKS AGAIN!

·
Retired Staff
4,860 Posts
Bleeder kit = girlfriend. ;)

Get her to hold down the clutch pedal completely, then loosen the bleeder valve partially and don't tighten it back up until you have a steady stream of brake fluid. Release the clutch and pull it back up. Top off the master cylinder, and try again. Repeat until no more air comes out of the line and you just get a steady stream of brake fluid out of the bleeder screw each and every time.
How is holding down the clutch pedal gonna do anything to the brake fluid? Why would brake fluid have anything to do with the clutch/tranny?

·
1,848 Posts
How is holding down the clutch pedal gonna do anything to the brake fluid? Why would brake fluid have anything to do with the clutch/tranny?
I was thinking the same thing.....
Hey, when you guys want to bleed your slave cylinder, you can refill the master cylinder with bleach if you want. What do I care. People who want their hydraulic clutch to work fill their lines with - you guessed it - brake fluid.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright guys, I replaced the Slave Cylinder, and bled the system as best I could with a "One Man Bleeder Kit" (and followed the DIY for valve/spring removal) and my pedal feels a little better, but deffinetly not normal. I havent even tried starting my car yet because it just doesnt seem to be moving the clutch enough. When I watch the pin go in and out of the cylinder it doesnt go all the way back to the resting/stopping point.... Is there something else that might be keeping my clutch from releasing/engaging???

Thanks for the help!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Alright guys, I replaced the Slave Cylinder, and bled the system as best I could with a "One Man Bleeder Kit" (and followed the DIY for valve/spring removal) and my pedal feels a little better, but deffinetly not normal. I havent even tried starting my car yet because it just doesnt seem to be moving the clutch enough. When I watch the pin go in and out of the cylinder it doesnt go all the way back to the resting/stopping point.... Is there something else that might be keeping my clutch from releasing/engaging???

Thanks for the help!!!
Did anyone every figure this out mines doing exactly this right now I'm stuck in 3rd gear replace my master as it had snapped behind my clutch pedal bled it out completely and I still can't shift or go into neutral it drives in third and my slave doesn't go in all the way please help message me on Facebook if anything names Mateo Chavo pop is my infront of my blue tibby and a white car tysm

·
Administrator
9,166 Posts
Did anyone every figure this out mines doing exactly this right now I'm stuck in 3rd gear replace my master as it had snapped behind my clutch pedal bled it out completely and I still can't shift or go into neutral it drives in third and my slave doesn't go in all the way please help message me on Facebook if anything names Mateo Chavo pop is my infront of my blue tibby and a white car tysm
@Double M, I don't do Facebook.
Can you shift through the gears with the engine OFF?
Yes......likely clutch system issue.
No.....Likely shifter/shifter cable/cable bushing or trans internal issue.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts