Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My clutch needs to be replaced and I have no mods to my tib but of course I plan to. Is it wise to jsut replace the clutch with some piece of crap, or should I go balls out and buy the most bad ace clutch now and get it over with?

I guess my question is this: Is there ever a time that you shouldn't buy too good of a clutch?

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
This should really be a 2 part question. You should buy a quality clutch assembly as it is a significant ordeal even if you do it yourself, and costly if you pay someone else, so you want a quality clutch that will last. Second, you should get a clutch that concurs with your power. If you're stock, I wouldn't go with a stage 4, although some have gotten a satge 3. The higher the stage clutch, the more aggressive it drives, and this may unjustifiably make daily driving a hardship for some. You may also consider a lightweight flywheel as the OEM is non-resurfaceable and around $800. I got my Fidanza FW & CM Stage 4 for about $860 including s/h.

THe other question is preparing for future mods. Do you plan on FI or a larger IM soon? If so, then select the clutch accordingly for near future use. If you're going to be stock for awhile, maybe a stage 2 would be a good choice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.