Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to post my problem in hopes that someone here has had it and knows what to do.

Basically, about half the time I drive my car, and almost always when I have 1-2 passengers, 5th gear will grind when shifting and reverse will also often give me problems when I have a passenger.

I let someone drive it who doesn't drive it every day like me and they said it definitely does not shift like it did when I first got it. It shifts hard and tight. I'm out of warrenty so I can't take it to the dealer.

I've heard transmission fluid, I've heard slave cylinder, I've heard clutch adjustment. Has anyone had a problem similar to this and can you give me some insight and or helpful advice. It's 6 speed by the way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey man if it is still under warranty there was a clutch"upgrade"... they found some problems with the clutch... but i would just suggest getting a whole different one thats is a performance one... i just ordered a zoom stage 2 clutch its supposed to be really good if you want to check it out

·
Registered
2 Posts
lol sorry didnt read the whole thing there i would just get a whole new clutch the one that comes with it stock is ****...oh and the tranny fluid that comes with our car is already synthetic so you dont have to warrie about that

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Well if you can get them to say its the master cylinder, you get a new factory clutch for free assuming you still have a powertrain warrenty. And that right there is the only loophole there is when it comes to a bad clutch. Otherwise order a clutch from Kspec.com or NGM or any of the sponsors.

Oh and welcome to NT.com guys.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Totally off topic but WOOHOOO GDL!!! I am glad to see someone liked that animated gif i made of the tibby shark eating all the emblems, not just the Honda. =) thanks!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts