Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
yeah bro, i have the same prob with my flywheel.. the thing is, the fidanza flywheel is 9.5 lbs which is honestly way lighter than it needs to be. a good l/w flywheel is 12 or 13 lbs.. the throwout bearing is whats making the chatter because the flywheel is just going crazy fast because its way too light... its not necessarily a bad thing, btu you might be able to get a better throwout bearing or something to reduce the chatter, other than that theres not much else you can do but listen to it, lol

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
vids dont work? what flywheel do you have also? i have the stage 3 and a fidanza and it chatters all to hell. i was told that the throw out bearing is the reason but idk because its was new also.
Try right clicking and save the file... the flywheel is a Clutchmaster as well

·
Registered
282 Posts
ok i cant get the vids to work but i think i know what your talking about out side the car you hear it push in the clutch and it goes a way right?? its from the light weight fly wheel. what is happening is your hearing the chatter from the idler shaft its plastic thats why Hyundai used a dual mass its spring loaded to absorb the noise

·
Registered
740 Posts
^ exactly.. basically.. our cars really arent made for lightweight flywheels to be installed, so when you do it, you just kinda have to live with the racket

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
hmm i have a spec stage 4 clutch and a 9lb fidanza flywheel and my engine sounds just like it did stock. idk

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i'm not sure how heavy the CM flywheel is.... i bought it from rippmods a long time ago in a GB

I bought an ARK flywheel and it's 14.2 lbs i hope when I get it installed it won't chatter as much

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ive got the VHR clutch and flywheel and I get a bit of chatter but nowhere near that bad. I guess thats the difference an aluminum flywheel makes. I think i'd go insane if that was a daily driver.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts