Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry if this is a double post, but every time i search for it I get a bunch of junk with no real answers. Anyone ever hear of a cold air intake that doesn't void your warranty? Someone told me about a CAI like that, so i did a few googles on the matter and came back with this:
http://www.intakesandexhaust.com/aem/coldair.html

in short:
"The AEM Cold Air Intake system is legal in all 50 states. And it won’t void vehicle warranties. Installation is a breeze. The soft mounts guarantee a perfect fit that moves with the natural motion of your engine. Plus, there are four street-smart finishes to choose from. Cool, very cool."

and supposedly works with our car v6 and i4...

I'm thinking I am going to get in touch with my dealer and see what parts will void their warranty... I know there are posts out there that say you cant void a warranty with an after market part, but they have lawyers who pay a lot to fight claims, and I don't have that much money to fight with them. So they would win... Any input would be great!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I would check with your dealership's service manager to get a feel for what kind of crap they would give you if you do it. I did, and in my case he told me an intake is fine as long as it was designed specifically for the car and doesn't modify anything else. He even said that it won't void the warranty on the MAF if it's not modified.

So yeah, they can't automatically void your warranty for having aftermarket parts, but it might be a huge hassle if they get into the legal arguments.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
The dealership cant technically void your warentee due to some crazy law "magnus moss" or some crap like that.....but they can make you wish you were never born. Deffinatly talk to your service manager. the danger there is if your dealership gets a new service manager you may be **** outta luck

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
JDOGG said:
The dealership cant technically void your warentee due to some crazy law "magnus moss" or some crap like that.....but they can make you wish you were never born. Deffinatly talk to your service manager. the danger there is if your dealership gets a new service manager you may be **** outta luck
well if that were the case I would talk to the service manager and maybe get something in writing... I would write it up for them to read over and sign :) I like to be legit like that! thanks guys...

I would also keep my old intake in the trunk in case of something going wrong and just swap them out if it does...

·
Registered
434 Posts
thats what I did kept the old one just incase

1 - 5 of 5 Posts