Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey so it has been raining alot here and i was concerned about sucking water up when i was going to calgary so ibought a sleeve that goes over the air intake filter to stop water from soaking the filter the sleeve makes the water bead off the sleeve

the guy said that this wont descrease performance in any way is that true? i didnt want to get a bypass becayse it reduces performance and i also dont drive this in the winter

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
hey so it has been raining alot here and i was concerned about sucking water up when i was going to calgary so ibought a sleeve that goes over the air intake filter to stop water from soaking the filter the sleeve makes the water bead off the sleeve

the guy said that this wont descrease performance in any way is that true? i didnt want to get a bypass becayse it reduces performance and i also dont drive this in the winter
Don't know about the sleeve but I ran mine with one of those stainless steel shields to keep the rain & crap from directly hitting the filter. Worked great.

I think the scenario whereas folks drown their CAIs is when one hits deep water and it just fills the entire inner wheelwell area. If you look it over, it is just a big enclosed box-area with a few little drain holes in the floor right in front of the tire. There is no where for a huge slug of water to go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts