Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cold weather causing wiring to crack/// it was a rabbit eating my wires

So I ran into a large problem with the tib for the first time. It's been like in the single digit temps here and my car started misfiring. So come to find out one of my "stock" plug wires split open causing it to arc on the block. Then even worse on the same cylinder the wiring for the injector was cracked and barley making a connection. I just wanted to know if anyone else had this problem and if it would be covered under warranty. I do have CAI/E/H.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Wow, that's rough... how many miles on it?

Seems to me that should be under warranty. Or maybe it's a nice time to try some NGK Power Cables :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am at about 77,000 I hope it would be under warranty since my headers or intake have nothing to do with ignition as far as parts are concerned.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it was a rabbit this whole time!!!!!!!

Ok so I found out the reason behind all this stuff. The other day my car was misfiring bad, basically the same thing again. So I pop the hood and I see the spark plug wire arcing again, keep in mind I just replaced it. Then I look up and I see a freakin rabbit sittin on my manifold, so punched it in the face and it hit the underside of my hood and flew off into the snow:3_fyou :3_puhbye: :3_plzdie: :qleft3: . That little bastage had been chewing through my wires.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Are you kidding me? One time i saw godzilla destroy a city too..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................(on tv)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you kidding me? One time i saw godzilla destroy a city too..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................(on tv)

NOOOOOO FREAKIN WAY DUDE I saw the same thing!!!! wow

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Now that is funny! Now go to advance auto and get some nice magstar wires for $55.

·
Registered
939 Posts
You actually punched a bunny in the face?

Don't think I could do that...

Bunny Punchers TFL!

But anyway, if the rabbit thing really happened, look around the engine compartment to make sure he didn't make a nest anywhere. You don't want a pile of grass, shredded paper, sticks, and critter poo causing further car problems.

I once had a mouse build a nest in my lawn mower engine, and it took alot of cleaning and disassembly to get it running again.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wait wut. so the rabbit must have been small to fit under their wen the hood was closed right.
Yes this really happened and yes I socked the rabbit. My exact words when I punched was "Get the F*&k outta here!!!" The rabbit was pretty small but I never would have guessed it could fit under the hood when it's closed. My assumption is that since it was only 2 degrees out that night that it got in there for the warmth. I think it got the idea not to be chewing up my stuff because I have not seen it since. This is by far the craziest thing to happen with me and the tib cept I the time I got side swipped by a city street sweeper. The pics from that still make me cringe!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yes this really happened and yes I socked the rabbit. My exact words when I punched was "Get the F*&k outta here!!!" The rabbit was pretty small but I never would have guessed it could fit under the hood when it's closed. My assumption is that since it was only 2 degrees out that night that it got in there for the warmth. I think it got the idea not to be chewing up my stuff because I have not seen it since. This is by far the craziest thing to happen with me and the tib cept I the time I got side swipped by a city street sweeper. The pics from that still make me cringe!
I feel your pain I had a mice that chew up the ign wire on my winter beater 120$ the set
and it made a nest with the heat shield from the hood.

·
Registered
558 Posts
that would be funny if the rabbit stayed there while u were driving, then u could of had you some rabbit soup! Lol...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts