Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started my car this morning. its around 25 degrees outside.

I let it warm up for about 5 seconds (I just had to move it about 10 feet, otherwise I let it warm up for around 10 minutes)

I hear a locking sound and then the rpms just drop to zero. cranked it back up and let it warm up for another few seconds and then try to take off again. same thing. so I let it warm up for a few minutes more and it works fine.

did something lock up? or is it going to be fine?

·
Swim away fishes...
6,246 Posts
Cold weather really puts parts to a test. It could be stalling from not enough fuel or a weak ignition (then, you would probably feel it stutter before it shuts off).

I think you'll be fine. If the engine is running, its not locked up. But, I'd give yourself more time to allow you the ability to let it warm up EVERY TIME you have to start it in really cold temps.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I started my car this morning. its around 25 degrees outside.

I let it warm up for about 5 seconds (I just had to move it about 10 feet, otherwise I let it warm up for around 10 minutes)

I hear a locking sound and then the rpms just drop to zero. cranked it back up and let it warm up for another few seconds and then try to take off again. same thing. so I let it warm up for a few minutes more and it works fine.

did something lock up? or is it going to be fine?
I see your info says your from russia? If that's true then ya your gonna have some start issues lol.
It was like 10 degrees around where im at a couple years ago and my car had trouble starting but it has never had the same problem since.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.